View/edit Zimbra calendar in Google/gmail?

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
14519garyo

Postby 14519garyo » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:51 pm

I'd like to share my Zimbra calendar so I can view and hopefully edit it in Google's gmail calendar interface.  Essentially I want Zimbra to act as the ics source or caldav server, and gmail to act as caldav client.  I expect there should be some Zimbra calendar URL like https://<user>:<pass>@my.zimbra.domain/dav/<user>/Calendar but I can't find any URL that works, either with wget/curl (for testing) or when actually used with Google (which doesn't give any error messages).  Also, it would be even better if I could use an external calendar share account with this, to avoid exposing my main Zimbra credentials.  (By external calendar share I mean I go into Zimbra, share my cal with admin privs to an external user, say someone@somewhere.org, then they accept the share and create a password.  Then I'd expect the calendar URL to look something like https://someone%40somewhere.org:<pass>/dav/<user>/Calendar but I also haven't been able to get that to work.  Any hints on creating these URLs properly?  Thanks!

ps: using Zimbra Collaboration 8.5.

Fabio S. Schmidt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby Fabio S. Schmidt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Garyo, please take a look at this thread: http://community.zimbra.com/collaboration/f/1886/p/1138475/1583600#1583600
14519garyo

Postby 14519garyo » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks Fabio; the bug listed there is only for the other way around (viewing Google calendar in Zimbra), using OAuth. And the main topic of that thread doesn't address the authentication issue. Is there something I'm missing? Does Google have a new way of adding Zimbra URLs or is Zimbra adding a different way of exporting that Google will accept?
knoe501

Postby knoe501 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:03 am

I am also looking to sync my zimbra calendar to Google. Has this been fixed in 8.6 P4? Thanks
Gren Elliot
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby Gren Elliot » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:29 am

Zimbra supports integrating calendars from CalDAV servers like Google Calendar by acting as a CalDAV client to those servers.

In order to achieve the opposite, i.e. for Google Calendars to integrate Zimbra calendars properly in a read/write way, Google Calendar would need to be able to act as a CalDAV client to the Zimbra server. To the best of my knowledge, Google Calendar does not have that capability.

The best you can do is to get a read only view of your Zimbra calendar via a webcal feed.
knoe501

Postby knoe501 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:02 am

Gren,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, you can add Google calendar (edit) into Zimbra but you can't put Zimbra calendar (edit) into Google. Google cannot act as a CalDAV client.

Read-only will work but if I update Zimbra doe the Google Cal also get updated??

How can I get the Zimbra (RO) into Google? I tried creating a share (getting a web URL to add to Google) but I get an error:

HTTP ERROR 401

Problem accessing /service/home/knoe@corp.bnesystems.com/Calendar. Reason:

must authenticate

Help?

Most appreciated.

Return to “CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync”