Why is reply in a new window so god auwfull slow ?

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
colin7151

Postby colin7151 » Wed May 07, 2008 11:58 am

So I am what you would call an outlook junky, but at the same time I server as CIO for a start up so I am poor. Buying office, and the needed zimbra license for the connector is not an option, so we are looking for something decent as a replacement for outlook + connector.
Zimbra desktop is an amazing product, almost exactly what I want minus one very important thing. composing a new message or replying to a message in a new window is painfully slow. I am talking like 3 - 5 seconds. While I tollerate this at home, when I am at work this lag is a killer for the product.
Is there any way I can make replying or composing a new message in a new window any faster ? I am running the latest Zimbra Desktop on decent HW. I get this lag on my home PC (ubuntu), my laptop (osx), and my work computer (vista pro).

7211webman
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby 7211webman » Wed May 07, 2008 12:07 pm

I think this thread can answer your query.
Tylast

Postby Tylast » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:41 am

Current load time is around 4 seconds, but that is even too slow compared to the Yahoo web client. Hope that gets fixed in the next version.
Tylast

Postby Tylast » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:51 am

Perhaps it's not a bug since it's dependent of a direct connection in order to open a separate compose window. I'm off of a wifi router at home.
y@w
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby y@w » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:10 am

The new window in the Desktop client really shouldn't have anything to do with the network connection since it's supposed to be an offline client.. It's just a browser that connects to a local web server, really.. It appears the part that takes the longest is launching the new prism window. I use Firefox to connecto the local Zimbra Desktop server and it seems to be a little faster doing it that way.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Postby jjzhuang » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:00 pm

file a bug please.

Return to “General Questions”