Separate Sent Folders for Multiple Identities

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
Aaress

Postby Aaress » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi -
I have one primary Zimbra account with 5 alias (persona) email addresses attached to it. Does anyone know if it is possible to have separate sent mail folders for each one?
Currently, it saves all sent messages to the one main sent folder. I am running the Zimbra Desktop client on a Windows Vista PC.
Thanks for the help!

marshall1727

Postby marshall1727 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:23 am

bump.
This question is important for me too. Is there a way to have full folder structure for primary and externall accounts?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:37 am

[quote user="marshall1727"]bump.
This question is important for me too. Is there a way to have full folder structure for primary and externall accounts?[/QUOTE]Why don't you use the search function and save the search, that will get your messages for an alias in the sent folder.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
marshall1727

Postby marshall1727 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:40 pm

well, there are many reasons

- main account should be backuped, secondary not, but i guess it is not the issue in zimbra

- main account receives important stuff, secondary not and is sorted into further folders. if I mix them in inbox it will be a mess.

- different inboxes should define From: header

- also it is a habit from TB

- and search looks uncomfortable, have to type sth and than go through results...
so I understand there is no setting for that?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:38 am

I don't believe there is a feature for what you're asking. The search function in Zimbra is extremely powerful and you may find it more useful than just using Folders. I have all my mail in the Inbox and have never found the need for a folder structure. If you find that you still prefer that feature then file a enhancement request in bugzilla.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
marshall1727

Postby marshall1727 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:05 am

thank you for answer. it is not a real stopper, but have to think about it. as i mentioned elswhere, digital mail signatures is much bigger issue...
m.

Return to “General Questions”