[SOLVED] Empty saved searches in Desktop?

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
gkra
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby gkra » Fri May 01, 2009 11:21 am

So I've started using Zimbra Desktop instead of Mail/iCal to see how it would compare, and one of the first things I noticed is that none of the saved searches, which I created in the web UI on the server, have any results in Zimbra Desktop. If I open the Web UI and look at the saved search there, it's populated with results just like it should be. Likewise if I view the saved searches via IMAP.
If I modify the search in Zimbra Desktop to include the "is:anywhere" clause, I get the results I'm expecting, but I don't need to do this in the Web UI for the server.
Using Zimbra Desktop build 20090323-2304 (according to $set:get version).

king0770
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby king0770 » Fri May 01, 2009 4:19 pm

Can you provide an example of a search that works in ZCS but not in ZD? So far, the searches I've used in ZCS do work in ZD.
--
Rick King
Zimbra Support Team
gkra
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby gkra » Fri May 01, 2009 5:54 pm

[quote user="king0770"]Can you provide an example of a search that works in ZCS but not in ZD? So far, the searches I've used in ZCS do work in ZD.[/QUOTE]
While trying to work up an example, I just noticed that somehow, the "Include Trash" option under the Global tab for search preferences was turned off in Zimbra Desktop, yet turned on in Zimbra Web client. I'm not sure how they ended up different, but I turned it on in Desktop and things are working like I'm expecting.
Are not all options for Zimbra Desktop sync'd with ZCS?
Anyway, this problem is solved.

Return to “General Questions”