Oops! Browser is blocking Popups

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
peer

Postby peer » Mon May 18, 2009 12:55 am

When I click an attachment (attached Email) Zimbra Desktop shows the following errer: "Oops! Browser is blocking Popups". How can I turn this off?

Regards

nacho

Postby nacho » Mon May 18, 2009 7:09 am

Are you running this inside firefox? Have a look at the popup blocker preferences
peer

Postby peer » Mon May 18, 2009 7:49 am

I don't know what browser Zimbra Desktop uses (to me it looks like an independent application). I usually use Firefox yes, but the popup message appears only with Zimbra Desktop. It works perfectly with Zimbra webinterface (with Firefox).
nacho

Postby nacho » Mon May 18, 2009 7:58 am

It uses Prism by default.
Very strange - I don't have the issue. I'll leave this to someone who knows more about prism
king0770
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby king0770 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:05 pm

[quote user="peer"]When I click an attachment (attached Email) Zimbra Desktop shows the following errer: "Oops! Browser is blocking Popups". How can I turn this off?

Regards[/QUOTE]

Peer,
Does this happen everytime you attempt to attach a file to a message?
If so, can you do another attempt, then send the zdesktop.log file?
--
Rick King
Zimbra Support Team
peer

Postby peer » Tue May 19, 2009 4:52 am

No it doesn't happen when I attach a file. It happens when I either try to detach the email composer or check the box "create new message in new window".
Strangely enough...now it works after a reboot. If it happens again, i'll check that log file.

Thanks anyway.
btw: the logfile contains quite a lot of date I wouldn't want to share with the internet. ;-)
king0770
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby king0770 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Well let us know if it happens again. If it does, you can send a private message to me with the file.
Take care!
--
Rick King
Zimbra Support Team
Lamar Veatch

Postby Lamar Veatch » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:56 am

I'm also having this message pop up from time to time, blocking my view of that particular email. I'm also using Firefox, in which I've carefully turned off the pop-up blocker. I would also appreciate any suggestions for a resolution to this problem.
---Lamar
Siechert

Postby Siechert » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:28 am

We had the same problem here.
Browser: Firefox, Windows
What we found so far is that turning off the pop-up blocker has no effect. However, we did learn that this only happens when you double-click on the subject of the unread email. If you double-click on the from area of the unread message, the message will open just fine.
Also, once the message has been read, it will then allow you to double-click on the subject area of the unread message, and no problems opening.
13125DavidB

Postby 13125DavidB » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am

[quote user="Siechert"]We had the same problem here.
What we found so far is that turning off the pop-up blocker has no effect. However, we did learn that this only happens when you double-click on the subject of the unread email. If you double-click on the from area of the unread message, the message will open just fine.
Also, once the message has been read, it will then allow you to double-click on the subject area of the unread message, and no problems opening.[/QUOTE]
Aha - that really helped, but Firefox on Windows can still easily get to a point where nothing works except to drop Firefox and restart. It can happen several times a day. I have seen variations of this problem on Prism/Windows and Zimbra Desktop on Windows as well. If anyone can help nail this, it would be great. I'm willing to test, provide logs, etc.

Return to “General Questions”