Auto Complete Fails

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
swh002
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:09 am

Auto Complete Fails

Postby swh002 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:47 am

I have just updated my two PC's to 7.2.2 and on one the upgrade is fine, on the other however, everything appears to be ok except the auto complete. I have tried re-indexing the accounts accessed and run the repair option from the download page, all to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to correct this annoying error, many thanks.


mit31784
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:13 am

Auto Complete Fails

Postby mit31784 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:46 am

[Solved]

Don't Do any thing at Server Side....
First Remove User Account From Zimbra Desktop then Goto AppData folder where Zimbra folder located,Rename the Existing Zimbra Folder.

After All Add the User Account in Zimbra Desktop...
AutoCompelete Working Fine.......
bellestarr
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:12 am

Auto Complete Fails

Postby bellestarr » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:20 pm

[quote user="mit31784"][Solved]

Don't Do any thing at Server Side....
First Remove User Account From Zimbra Desktop then Goto AppData folder where Zimbra folder located,Rename the Existing Zimbra Folder.

After All Add the User Account in Zimbra Desktop...
AutoCompelete Working Fine.......[/QUOTE]


Please provide more details about how you fixed the autocomplete failure. I don't see any AppData folder in Program Folders..Zimbra folder.
MightyGorilla
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Auto Complete Fails

Postby MightyGorilla » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Is this truly the only solution for a corrupted cache of the GAL on Zimbra Desktop?
Surely there's just one file or directory within the AppData directory that contains this info...

I have a user with this problem, but they have local folders as well (quite large), so I'm not just going to blow away their installation.
I've tried:
    Resetting their account in ZD Setup to flush and re-download everything.
    Resync GAL in ZD Setup.
    Recreating the galsync@ account.

ZD logs appear to show nothing much wrong.
Zimbra Web Client has no problems.

ZD displays "Autocomplete Failed" after typing 1-3 letters. It may display an incomplete list after one letter, and also sometimes after 2 letters, but 3 letters always fail, even for things that show after 1 or 2 letters.
It does appear that something pops up for a fraction of a second and disappears just before the "Autocomplete Failed" message appears.

I really don't like the idea that a full reinstall is necessary every time this minor glitch occurs.
Our version is 7.2.8.12102 Win x64

Thanks
MightyGorilla
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Auto Complete Fails

Postby MightyGorilla » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Just an extra note of interest: When you click the GAL Resync button in the ZD Setup screen, it doesn't even always resync.
The ZD logs sometimes show: "Resync skipped" with something about how the previous sync was recent, and it doesn't need to sync. So this doesn't seem to necessarily force anything to happen.
MightyGorilla
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Auto Complete Fails

Postby MightyGorilla » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:59 pm

So I haven't found a solution, but discovered a bit more after a few days of trial & error.

I was able to reproduce the "autocomplete failed" scenario on a different system by removing the index for the GAL.
AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\index\0\#\ (where # is the correct index value for the GAL)

You can manually rename/delete the index directory for the GAL, and ZD will recreate it completely when you click re-sync GAL under setup.
However, you have to know which index is the proper one. In our case it was the highest numbered index, and it contained very little compared to the other index directories for the mailbox.

Once you trigger the GAL resync, a new index folder will appear, and a similarly numbered mboxgroup.db sqlite database file will appear in AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\sqlite\.

After that, Autocomplete *might* be working for you, if that index was actually your problem.

Note: If you try to re-sync multiple times in a short amount of time, the re-sync will not happen, I believe because of the setting "zdesktop_gal_sync_interval_seconds" in AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\conf\localconfig.xml,
which is normally 43200. You can temporarily set it to something low while you're tinkering with it, and relaunch ZD, and it will actually perform the re-sync.


I performed this on the trouble system and although the index was rebuilt completely it had no effect whatsoever.
MightyGorilla
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Auto Complete Fails

Postby MightyGorilla » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:46 pm

Ultimately I had to move the user off Zimbra Desktop after a couple weeks of attempting to resolve this.

Return to “General Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests