Installing Zimlets

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
colin1661music

Installing Zimlets

Postby colin1661music » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Guys,
I'm running the latest free version Zimbra on windows XP and I'm trying to install zimlets. I've looked at a lot of commands to run "su - zimbra" and "zmzimletctl deploy " but none of them work from my MSDOS command line.
Please can someone give me a step by step list of how to install zimplets?
Colin

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Installing Zimlets

Postby phoenix » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 am

[quote user="colin1661music"]I'm running the latest free version Zimbra on windows XP and I'm trying to install zimlets. I've looked at a lot of commands to run "su - zimbra" and "zmzimletctl deploy " but none of them work from my MSDOS command line.[/QUOTE]That's hardly surprising as those commands are for Zimbra Collaboration Suite and you've also posted in the wrong forum - I guess you're talking about Zimbra Desktop?
[quote user="colin1661music"]Please can someone give me a step by step list of how to install zimplets?[/QUOTE]Did you search the forums on this topic or read the ZD FAQ in the wiki (link at the top of this page)?
I'll also move this to the correct forum.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
colin1661music

Installing Zimlets

Postby colin1661music » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:33 am

Thanks Bill, I search both forum and wiki.
petepapin

Installing Zimlets

Postby petepapin » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:34 pm

[quote user="10330phoenix"]That's hardly surprising as those commands are for Zimbra Collaboration Suite and you've also posted in the wrong forum - I guess you're talking about Zimbra Desktop?
Did you search the forums on this topic or read the ZD FAQ in the wiki (link at the top of this page)?
I'll also move this to the correct forum.[/QUOTE]
Well, you moved his question, and told him where to look, but REALLY, how much "extra" effort would it have taken to "ANSWER" his question?
There are a lot of us that are not java or vware "techies" here.
The wiki's on installing ZIMLETs are very confusing and at least one:

"Zimlet Installer.hta" does not work on my Windows XP or Windows 7 OS.
-PJ
rrao
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Installing Zimlets

Postby rrao » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 am

You can install Zimlets in ZD by going to Preferences > Zimlets > (scroll down to the bottom) in the ZD client. You will see a place to upload Zimlets.

Return to “General Questions”