Zimbra Desktop 8

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
Sam159
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Desktop 8

Postby Sam159 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:58 am

Is there a release date for zimbra desktop 8?
Because now the server is version 8.

So the webclient, adminconsole are with the blue colors and all that stuff... But the desktop is still version 7?
Is there any information about what is going to happen with zimbra dekstop?

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Desktop 8

Postby phoenix » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:11 am

[quote user="Sam159"]Is there a release date for zimbra desktop 8?[/QUOTE]There is no such product as Zimbra Desktop 8 and therefore no release date. Zimbra products are not pre-announced, when they're ready there will be an announcement in the forums and I'd also suggest you read the ZCS 8 beta Release Notes (and the forums) for a minor note about Zimbra Desktop.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
Sam159
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Desktop 8

Postby Sam159 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:38 am

I see in the relaese notes --> Zimbra Desktop will be end of life? So zimbra doesn't offer us offline access anymore? only the old zimbra desktop?
13537storm
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Desktop 8

Postby 13537storm » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:15 am

Phoenix, could you 'sticky' this topic: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general-questions/56206-zd-future-eol.html - as it is clearly of relevance to all Zimbra Desktop forum users.
Hi Sam,
I understand that Zimbra Desktop 7.2 will be compatible with Zimbra 8 server. That will be they last ZD release.
'New technologies' will be leveraged for future offline Uusage, details are as yet unannounced (perhaps html5?).
Details are included in the Zimbra Desktop thread on this subject, please move any future discussion there:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general-questions/56206-zd-future-eol.html
It is disappointing (though typical imho of Zimbra) and poor customer relations to trickle out information concerning major product feature changes/removals, on various obscure locations, rather than making an announcement and giving at least release-related timescales.
(i.e. 'ZD to be replaced after 8, we're looking to release a replacement, details to be announced, during ZCS 9 release cycle').
This lack of effective communications leads to poor reputation and the kind of understandable, if incorrect, conjecture that this thread exemplifies.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
kevlahau

Zimbra Desktop 8

Postby kevlahau » Wed May 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Why then in the bugzilla dropdown is there an entry for 8.0.0_ZD_Ironmaiden
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Desktop 8

Postby phoenix » Thu May 30, 2013 12:53 am

[quote user="kevlahau"]Why then in the bugzilla dropdown is there an entry for 8.0.0_ZD_Ironmaiden[/QUOTE]That could be there for many reasons and the current incarnation for Zimbra Desktop is EOL - it's replacement (date or version) has not yet been formally announced.
Regards

Bill

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
chimaster
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Desktop 8

Postby chimaster » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:12 am

Just a quick +1 on Zimbra Desktop or it's replacement (and some more relevant info to the general public forthcoming....?). Having your own functional and full bodied offline email client is one of the major redeeming features of Zimbra. Add some cross platform action and the ability for our users to switch from webmail to desktop email without blinking an eye and that's why I'm a ZCS Network customer.
Keep up the good work... but tell us all about it ;-)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Desktop 8

Postby phoenix » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:49 am

[quote user="chimaster"]Just a quick +1 on Zimbra Desktop or it's replacement (and some more relevant info to the general public forthcoming....?)[/QUOTE]Have you taken a look at the recent blog post on the subject?
Regards

Bill

apatosaur.9

Zimbra Desktop 8

Postby apatosaur.9 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:59 am

Link to the Blog post is: Zimbra (JudasPriest) Release Update 1 :: Zimbra :: Blog

and a related Forum post (mine) is here: https://www.zimbra.com/forums/general-questions/67533-zimbra-8-5-offline-html5-client.html#post325523

Return to “General Questions”