I am talking to myself

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
lhniles
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 am

I am talking to myself

Postby lhniles » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 pm

I have been having my Zimbra account forwarded to my gmail through IMAP. It has been working beautifully--with the sender's name appearing as the sender in gmail so that when I reply, the sender receives my response. Ditto on my Droid phone.
This weekend, we did a Zimbra upgrade. Now my Zimbra is forwarding everything with my name attached (in droid it is appearing from "me"), and when I reply, I reply to myself rather than to the sender. Ditto on the Droid phone.
I'm sure there is a simple explanation for this and a simple fix, but I've spent about 4 hours to no avail.
Any ideas how I can change the settings to return to the "old way"?


13445raj
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 743
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

I am talking to myself

Postby 13445raj » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:24 pm

lhniles
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 am

I am talking to myself

Postby lhniles » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:42 pm

So it appears that this is an administrator only fix, and not something I can do on my own, correct?
Nevertheless, I am very grateful and will forward this to my administrator!
Thanks!!
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:23 pm

I am talking to myself

Postby Krishopper » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:00 pm

Wow, my users were complaining about this after I updated, but I couldn't quite pinpoint it. Great catch guys - and a horrible miss on Zimbra's part *sigh*
Does anyone have a Bug open to fix this issue yet?
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:24 pm

I am talking to myself

Postby Rich Graves » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Bug 45851 – Mail filter "Forward to Address" changes the envelope from and From headers is on the list for 6.0.7
Rich Graves
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:24 pm

I am talking to myself

Postby Rich Graves » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:04 pm

To identify users affected,
/opt/zimbra/openldap/bin/ldapsearch -LLL -x -D"`/opt/zimbra/bin/zmlocalconfig -mnokey zimbra_ldap_userdn`" -w"`/opt/zimbra/bin/zmlocalconfig -s -mnokey zimbra_ldap_password`" -H `/opt/zimbra/bin/zmlocalconfig -mnokey ldap_url` zimbraMailSieveScript=*redirect* mail
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:23 pm

I am talking to myself

Postby Krishopper » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Thanks Rich!
User avatar
753joho
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Sweden
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.0.9.GA.6191.NETWORK EDT

I am talking to myself

Postby 753joho » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 am

This must be what we ran into when going from 6.0.3 to 6.0.6.
There goes the migration project :-(


-joho
User avatar
753joho
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Sweden
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.0.9.GA.6191.NETWORK EDT

I am talking to myself

Postby 753joho » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 am

One other possible work around, that may work for some, is to set up a DL (distribution list) and put the recipients in it. But that only works if you don't need to keep the mail at the account where it arrives. If you need that too, then you'll have to create a secondary account where such e-mail arrives.
I.e.
info@domain.com is changed to infosite@domain.com

info@domain.com is set-up as DL, with infosite@domain.com as a member (+ the additional recipients that you originally had in your filter)


-joho

Return to “General Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests