ZD7 Beta 1 cannot print e-mail

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
dkbk
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby dkbk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Has anbody else encoutered the behavior described in this bug : https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=56949 ?

dkbk
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby dkbk » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:13 pm

[quote user="dkbk"]Has anbody else encoutered the behavior described in this bug : https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=56949 ?[/QUOTE]
Nobody else is having this issue ? Given the severity of not being able to print in an e-mail program, I would figure there would be more posts about this.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:37 am

[quote user="dkbk"]Nobody else is having this issue ?[/QUOTE]The usual reason for not getting a reply is: people haven't seen your post; they don't have the problem; they don't have any advice to give; there's not enough information in your post (you haven't, for example, said on which operating system ZD 7 is installed);..... and many other reasons.
[quote user="dkbk"]Given the severity of not being able to print in an e-mail program, I would figure there would be more posts about this.[/QUOTE]You're making the assumption that the problem you've described here applies to everyone, it certainly doesn't apply to me. I can print from ZD 7 Beta 1 with no problems on any of the Windows and Linux flavours I have available.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
dkbk
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby dkbk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:05 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]The usual reason for not getting a reply is: people haven't seen your post; they don't have the problem; they don't have any advice to give; there's not enough information in your post (you haven't, for example, said on which operating system ZD 7 is installed);..... and many other reasons.
You're making the assumption that the problem you've described here applies to everyone, it certainly doesn't apply to me. I can print from ZD 7 Beta 1 with no problems on any of the Windows and Linux flavours I have available.[/QUOTE]
The bug report stated I use Window 7. It does not state I use the x64 version.
I do have zimlets installed but none that should interfere with printing (Appointments Summary, Attach Contact, Attachment Alert, Contact Cleaner, correios (disabled), Date, Drag N Drop, Email Attacher, Email Contact Details, Email Reminder, exclusivetag, fbackup, Google Translator, LinkedIn, Package Tracker, Phone, Search Highlighter, Task Reminder, Url Links, WebEx, Zimbra Social (disabled)).
This was an upgrade from a working zd 2.01 version and the behavior happens from zimbra, yahoo and local accounts as stated in the bug report.
Any other info that would be usefull I'll happily provide.
And as for your comment, I asked a question if other people were also affected, not a "fix me now" request. Its a surprise to me that nobody else reported this given the scope of the issue which leads me to think of 2 possible alternatives :

a) its a bug specific to me which needs to be tracked down

b) its a generelized bug and almost nobody installed the beta 1
Thanks to your reply, I know its now most likely not the b scenario so your reply was useful.
Any other info I can supply here of in the bug report in order this pni this one down will be happily provided.
jmhe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby jmhe » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:14 pm

which language you are using on zd?
please follow up the discussion in the bug: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=56949
dkbk
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby dkbk » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 pm

[quote user="jmhe"]which language you are using on zd?
please follow up the discussion in the bug:
Replied
in the bug. English US is your answer.
I was away from my test machine for a few days.
Denis29

Postby Denis29 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi, I have "quite" the same issue,
_ for the whole kind of mails it's ok
_ but i have some hard coded HTML i can't print : when clicking to print ZD opens a window with the mail inside but, no Print button or Print menu.. and no Print window is opening.
Also migrating from ZD2 to ZD7beta1
What is the bug number ? I could send the mail i can't print.

best denis
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:50 am

[quote user="Denis29"]What is the bug number ?[/QUOTE]It's in both of the posts immediately above yours. ;)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
cpaxton

Postby cpaxton » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 am

I too am having the same issue trying to print certain emails. I click on the print button and a new window will open with the email in it but no print dialog box appears. Sometimes when the new window opens "that is supposed to contain the email" it doesn't show anything except ???zimbraTitle??? and ???noResultsFound???. If I log into the web UI I can print the email without issue. The is happening on numerous workstations in my office. This problem doesn't happen with every email just certain ones.
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 Network Edition

Postby L. Mark Stone » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:59 am

[quote user="cpaxton"]I too am having the same issue trying to print certain emails. I click on the print button and a new window will open with the email in it but no print dialog box appears. Sometimes when the new window opens "that is supposed to contain the email" it doesn't show anything except ???zimbraTitle??? and ???noResultsFound???. If I log into the web UI I can print the email without issue. The is happening on numerous workstations in my office. This problem doesn't happen with every email just certain ones.[/QUOTE]
Seems a number of people are experiencing this; please help Zimbra solve this problem by supplying a stacktrace in the bugzilla opened for this issue:

Thanks">https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=56949
Thanks

Mark

Return to “General Questions”