Delivery failed: SendMessage request failed: Method context doesn't exist

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
Alexander Stewart

Postby Alexander Stewart » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm appalled that Zimbra is going to take a month and a half to solve this problem. In going through the posts, I didn't notice any solution that I would have the skills to use. And changing to gmail would involve a lot of pain, I think, notifying everyone that my address has changed. On the other hand, I would get rid of a lot of junk mail, at least for a while. MS Outlook is looking pretty good, right now.

lux1948

Postby lux1948 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:03 am

I agree this is a ridicules state of affairs.

I am dumping yahoo and switching to GMAIL.

Created a Gmail account and set it up in Zimbra.

Exported my yahoo input - sent - contacts as separate folders.

Switched to my gmail account and imported each folder seems

to have worked so far.

Now got to notify all my contacts of new email addresses.....

Hope this helps...
Carya

Postby Carya » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:03 am

Hi. I created this bug report and marked it private. Here is the update:
The bug is marked RESOLVED and the case is closed. The fix has been identifies and implemented, so there will not be any more bug updates. The only issue now is why are they making us wait 1.5 months to roll out the fix? Please update the program now.
kfoquita

Postby kfoquita » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:52 am

My problem started during last week.
I have ZD 7.0.1 on Windows XP.
I have Gmail, Yahoo, and my web page email... the problem ONLY presents when sending emails from my Yahoo account. No problem with Gmail and others.
Will not try and update since, as I see, it doesn't solve the problem. Any sugestions??
17416jflanigan
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby 17416jflanigan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:00 pm

[quote user="Carya"]The only issue now is why are they making us wait 1.5 months to roll out the fix?[/QUOTE]
This is just an unfortunate fact of life with software. If the changes at Yahoo! which caused our existing code to stop working had occurred a few weeks earlier the fix might have made the cutoff for ZD 7.1.1, but at this point it will have to wait until ZD 7.1.2.
Keep in mind that ZD is totally free, so you are getting much more than you pay for!
Ryan1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby Ryan1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:42 pm

I hear ya... it's free so people have to accept it as is. I understand their frustration as it affects me too, but it's important to keep it in perspective.
If you get too demanding, Zimbra might have to drop ZD altogether because there is nothing in it for them if it creates bad will that will spill over to their other products. I've seen other great free programs go that way.
So please, be courteous and patient and, if you don't feel it is reliable enough, consider just not using it.
I have used other products that can get yahoo mail free also and they all had the same problem. Every time yahoo makes a change, they had problems. I had hoped that Zimbra had a special relationship with yahoo because of the business relationship they have with them and that therefore this problem wouldn't exist, but apparently that isn't the case.
It's a shame because ZD is a fantastic piece of work. But if they are at the mercy of yahoo every time they make a change, it may well be a fatal flaw.
The key is free and the appropriate response is patience, tolerance and courtesy.
That being said, I have to send my yahoo mail from my browser for now.
Carya

Postby Carya » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 am

[quote user="Ryan1"]I hear ya... it's free so people have to accept it as is. I understand their frustration as it affects me too, but it's important to keep it in perspective.
If you get too demanding, Zimbra might have to drop ZD altogether because there is nothing in it for them if it creates bad will that will spill over to their other products. I've seen other great free programs go that way.
So please, be courteous and patient and, if you don't feel it is reliable enough, consider just not using it.
I have used other products that can get yahoo mail free also and they all had the same problem. Every time yahoo makes a change, they had problems. I had hoped that Zimbra had a special relationship with yahoo because of the business relationship they have with them and that therefore this problem wouldn't exist, but apparently that isn't the case.
It's a shame because ZD is a fantastic piece of work. But if they are at the mercy of yahoo every time they make a change, it may well be a fatal flaw.
The key is free and the appropriate response is patience, tolerance and courtesy.
That being said, I have to send my yahoo mail from my browser for now.[/QUOTE]

Good points.
MoeLinux

Postby MoeLinux » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:04 pm

I've been living the same problem for the last few days, OpenSuSE 11.2 running ZD 7.0.1
As of this afternoon, 08-09-2011, a very new release is available for download.

Zimbra - Products: Zimbra Desktop Downloads
Version 7.1.1 for all platforms - could include the fix we all need!

-Moe
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:54 am

[quote user="MoeLinux"]Version 7.1.1 for all platforms - could include the fix we all need![/QUOTE]I hate to disappoint you but the fix (as mentioned a couple of times above) is scheduled for the next release - 7.1.2.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Laria

Postby Laria » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:07 am

It's been happening since at least Aug. 5. I may have deleted earlier failure messages on the assumption it was just a glitch.
I updated my Zimbra desktop today to the current version. Still can't send mail from any of my yahoo accounts.

Return to “Error Reports”