Zimbra Desktop for Windows will not load

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
catamaranstu

Zimbra Desktop for Windows will not load

Postby catamaranstu » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:54 am

I have been using the latest version of Zimbra Desktop for Windows (7.2.5) on a 64 bit Windows 8.1 PC perfectly successfully since May.

However, since earlier this week it will not open properly. I tried repairing it, but that failed [Error: Specified account already exists" then Set-up Wizard aborts repair]. So I uninstalled the application (but not the data files) and ran a new installation. But, when I went to run the newly installed client, I found the problem still persists, which is:

A window entitled Zimbra Inbox opens, but the graphics do not load. The most recent e-mails can be seen in plain text, but are not accessible. Meanwhile the loading wheel keeps turning and turning until I eventually give up on it.

The log file is corrupted, but the sections that are readable show various Failure and Warning messages:

Failed to open Index Writer java.io.IOException: read past EOF

Attempt to modify deprecated attribute

No Transaction Manager found

Code: service.FAILURE ... Caused by java.sql.SQLexception: [SQLLITE_CANTOPEN] Unable to open database file.

Of course, I could uninstall both Zimbra Desktop application and data files and then reinstall it and import the most recent backup of my local folders, but then I lose some important messages saved to those folders in the last month. Can anyone suggest how I might be able to salvage them, please?

Return to “Error Reports”