Recovery of Data - New installation

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
Regger

Postby Regger » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:57 am

I had to perform a new installation. I have a rsync copy of my home directory. Is it possible to copy the Zimbra data from my sync to my new install?
I am mostly interested in my Contacts.
All my email is Sync with my Exchange Server.

jmhe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby jmhe » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:52 am

please follow the steps here to backup and restore user data between installations:
Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop FAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki
"Note that if you want to preserve mailbox data, don't delete these 3 folders: derby, store, index."
[quote user="Regger"]I had to perform a new installation. I have a rsync copy of my home directory. Is it possible to copy the Zimbra data from my sync to my new install?
I am mostly interested in my Contacts.
All my email is Sync with my Exchange Server.[/QUOTE]
cpalsgrove

Postby cpalsgrove » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:36 pm

I am having the same problem. I have the raw data from a zdesktop install including the derby, store and index folders, but I can't get a new install to retrieve the data from the local folders. When I try just replacing them in the zdesktop directory and opening the program, I can see the folders there and I can see the number of messages and size of the folder when I hover over them, but when I try to click into the folders, I get a 'No Such Blob' error. I'm sure I must be missing something that tells zdesktop what folders are supposed to contain what messages, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Can someone help me out with how to restore the local data if I have those three aforementioned folders with all of the proper data in them?
underdog

Postby underdog » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:17 pm

this page (the ref page) has been deleted. can anyone post an update?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:08 am

[quote user="underdog"]this page (the ref page) has been deleted. can anyone post an update?[/QUOTE]Go to the Zimbra :: Wiki and look at the page, all the FAQs are listed there.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra

Return to “Installation Help”