Google Android and Zimbra

Take your Zimbra with you!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:32 am

[quote user="thomascameron"]When will 6.0.7 be available?[/QUOTE]You can check that in the Product Portal.

Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby uxbod » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:11 am

Zimbra V6 Release Schedule
5541jsmith

Postby 5541jsmith » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:55 pm

[quote user="uxbod"]Zimbra V6 Release Schedule[/QUOTE]
That link is a little mangled... try this one! :)
Zimbra V6 Release Schedule
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby uxbod » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Oops - fixed and thanks :o
uungohz

Postby uungohz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:37 pm

[quote user="uxbod"]No need for sarcasm when the issue is quiet obviously with HTC.[/QUOTE]
I am sure that interoperating with Microsoft never required any compromises of developer OCD tendencies, did it?
and if they were, certainly the rimjobs required to get Exchange working were much smaller than the almost impossibly small one required here to suddenly get an entire class of popular and largely-open phones working, right? Haha, I think not. It warps your brain even to stand near those MS people much less unravel their crap protocols, and here you are complaining about accomodating a typo. Can you still read my forum post if I misspell accomodating? Will you pretend not to understand what that word means just because I've spelled it wrong? Would it warp your entire mind to admit that yeah you kind of do know what accomodating means even without correct spelling?
My suggestion to those who have this problem:
1. never buy the network edition because you don't get source and can't fix the problem yourself.
2. don't install the prebuilt binaries because the initial barrier to setting up your own development cycle will be too high whenever you run into a little problem like this. Always build from source. Usually I do this by starting with Gentoo, where the ebuild acts as a quick machine-readable instruction for how to do a development cycle, but there is no gentoo ebuild for zimbra yet. looks like one shoudl be easy though since people have gotten it to work on FreeBSD!
3. fix the problem and then shift your complaint to "why is your OCD so strong that you will not accept my patch which fixes a problem and then does not add other problems? You are implausibly arrogant to try to punish HTC. You are only succeeding in punishing your own users. If you will not talk to HTC yourselves, you must certainly stop the obstructionism and accept the damn patch. Leaning on your users and then telling them to lean on HTC is bullshit mafioso behavior, and totally poisonous and counterproductive."
4. do not post anything on a forum, because developers will just delete everything that makes them look bad because it is "offensive" or "abusive" or "to maintain order", using weasel-words to silence dissent. Insist on communicating over mailing list only. If there is a web forum, pretend it doesn't exist. If referred to it for support, say "I don't have time for web forums because life is too short, and censorship practices are rampant. I will just solve my problems quietly without collaborating with you, or else use some other software---it is not worth my while to feed back changes in an environment that's not provably transparent."
Sooner or later you are going to discover this WONTFIX attitude is a big problem: by the time you get over yourselves, the phones will no longer exist and people will have new problems. Meanwhile interest in Zimbra will not build because it is fossilized, like BSD.
All the same, if someone is taking time to write a bunch of user-blaming posts it's probably bc he is not talented enough to do the fix, which in this case is so small it'd be faster. so without steps 2 and 3 I am afraid you're sunk. :)
bdial
Elite member
Elite member

Postby bdial » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:43 pm

your rant, while amusing, is about a few weeks too late. it's been marked fixed for 6.0.7 for a while now.
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby jerryboi » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:19 am

how about this?
 http://fs01.androidpit.info/aqr/x55/387655-1272358890750.png />
Bi-directional CalDav Sync for Android. Anyone tried yet?
753joho
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.0.9.GA.6191.NETWORK EDT

Postby 753joho » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:47 pm

[quote user="jerryboi"]how about this?

http://fs01.androidpit.info/aqr/x55/387655-1272358890750.png />

Bi-directional CalDav Sync for Android. Anyone tried yet?[/QUOTE]
Interesting.. is there any more information available about it?

-joho
16113Chewie71
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby 16113Chewie71 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:52 pm

[quote user="753joho"]Interesting.. is there any more information available about it?

-joho[/QUOTE]
Hypermatix :: Calendar (CalDAV) Sync for Android :: Mobile Software - .NET CF, Android, iPhone, Blackberry
Narev

Postby Narev » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:45 am

So far i am able to use the out of the box active sync in android with zimbra however this refuses to sync tasks. Does anyone know any solution to this problem? How could i sync zimbra/exchange tasks with my android phone.

Return to “Mobility”