Google Android and Zimbra

Take your Zimbra with you!
lithorus
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby lithorus » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:37 am

[quote user="ylz"]It really works with egg-changers? I do not have one handy to test.[/QUOTE]
I would suppose so. I don't think such a thing would go unnoticed for 2 releases. It's different with Zimbra since they don't have as much wide-spread as the other.

ylz

Postby ylz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:56 am

As a workaround, I disabled mail synchronisation and use IMAP/SMTP for the Zimbra Server. This works fine for me.
I hope I find the time to open a support case at HTC, since the email application still has some more bugs. I also receive quite a lot emails from the sender called 'error'.
ylz

Postby ylz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:58 am

Btw, do you know a way to get rid of this annoying 'Sent from my HTC' signature on emails?
lithorus
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby lithorus » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:42 am

[quote user="ylz"]Btw, do you know a way to get rid of this annoying 'Sent from my HTC' signature on emails?[/QUOTE]

You set the signature in the menu > more > settings > general settings > Signature
lithorus
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby lithorus » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 pm

[quote user="ylz"]As a workaround, I disabled mail synchronisation and use IMAP/SMTP for the Zimbra Server. This works fine for me.
I hope I find the time to open a support case at HTC, since the email application still has some more bugs. I also receive quite a lot emails from the sender called 'error'.[/QUOTE]

I've tried setting it up with IMAP, but I don't see any mails. Have you setup IMAP with or without SSL?
su_A_ve
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby su_A_ve » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:12 pm

[quote user="lithorus"]I've tried setting it up with IMAP, but I don't see any mails. Have you setup IMAP with or without SSL?[/QUOTE]
Careful with Imap. There's a bug with Android 2.0 (moto droid) where a new copy of every sent message from the phone gets added to your sent folder. A fix is expected by 5.0.21...
11648ingo

Postby 11648ingo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:09 am

[quote user="pmx"]I cant speak for Lithorus, and don't know what rom version he is running, but I can confirm my HTC Hero (nordic ver) mostly works with Zimbra via the ActiveSync profile. When I say mostly I mean everything including address book, calendar and push mail is working -- apart from actually sending mail, which is kindof sucks. The mail get stuck in what seems to be a local folder called "Out" and never gets sent. On the server in sync.log it throws java.io.IOException: Unknown encoding: utf-8

I've tested against both zcs 5.0.18 and 6.0.0[/QUOTE]
On my recently bought G2 HTC Hero the HTC mail is working fine including the send mail option. I expect using the HTC mail function for the day-to-day mail and the Zimbra-web-client for accessing the archive.
Regards,

Ingo
kbelzowski

Postby kbelzowski » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm running the open source version of Zimbra and connecting to mail on my Motorola Droid through IMAP/SMTP. The only thing I really miss is a CalDav client. So far I haven't been able to find a CalDav client anywhere for Android devices. With all of the applications being developed right now you'd think someone out there would make one free or paid even. It's working great with my Google Calendar but I'd really like to get my Zimbra calendar in the native Android calendar as well with read/write access using SSL login for CalDav. The way that Iphone/Ipod Touch does CalDav access works great with Zimbra and I wish we could get this soon for Android!
Currently issue number 14 on the Google Android code issues page. Issue 2361 - android - Add support for external calendars via iCal / CalDav - Project Hosting on Google Code If you would like to get this added to Android OS then go to the Android code site and STAR the issue so it gets more attention.
su_A_ve
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby su_A_ve » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:08 pm

Doesn't calendar work with exchange emulation?
External ical support is pointless - it already supports it via google calendar. Just add the ical there.
I'd rather have a syncml app - so far synthesis put out a beta sdk and funanbol has some code...
su_A_ve
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby su_A_ve » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:09 pm

BTW, the new droid update pushed a few days ago did not fix the issue. waiting on 5.0.21 to test and make sure it works...

Return to “Mobility”