Palm Pre

Take your Zimbra with you!
RACjr

Palm Pre

Postby RACjr » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Thanks BradB.
Can you tell us which specific file (of all the various files) in the /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/ca directory or the /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/server directory is the ROOT cert file?
I just followed the instructions to remake my self signed cert, but I'm not clear which specific file I import into the Pre
(UPDATE: /opt/zimbra/ssl/zimbra/server/server.crt did the trick! Thanks)

meltingrobot

Palm Pre

Postby meltingrobot » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:54 am

I'm happy to report that everything appears to be working for me. I just went ahead with the purchase process of getting a real SSL certificate yesterday. I restarted the zimbra services this morning to finish up the installation of the certificate. My initial sync appeared to be taking forever/stuck. It had pulled down my mail and my contacts, but it appeared to be stuck on the calendar. Like, the events seemed to be there when looking at the monthly view, but when you went into the day, they weren't. Also, when looking at the list of calendars, the zimbra one wasn't listed. I waited for an hour or so thinking the sync just needed to finish. I finally restarted the phone. Now, everything looks perfect. The calendar, mail, and contacts are sync'd. The push mail is working right too. YAY! Zimbra + Palm Pre = Awesomeness!!!
RACjr

Palm Pre

Postby RACjr » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:05 am

Hi Meltingrobot,

I was able to get the pre's email correctly configured to see/use Zimbra with the self signed certificate, but i told the pre it was an imap server, not the EAS.... But you are actually getting Zimbra contacts & calendar items to sync w/ the pre? Are you using the EAS feature? I'm using the open source 5.0.16 version, does that preclude me from having contacts & calendar items sync?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Palm Pre

Postby phoenix » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:09 am

[quote user="RACjr"] I'm using the open source 5.0.16 version, does that preclude me from having contacts & calendar items sync?[/QUOTE]Yes, it does. Those features are only available in the NE version of Zimbra.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
2423bradb21
Advanced member
Advanced member

Palm Pre

Postby 2423bradb21 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:31 am

Yes my calendar and contacts sync, but I'm using EAS. I have the NE Edition of Zimbra plus the Mobile Sync option. This is required to use EAS.
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Palm Pre

Postby ewilen » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:20 am

[quote user="sgruby"]How does the iPhone do it if ActiveSync doesn't support it?[/QUOTE]
I think Phoenix misspoke. What's not supported by ActiveSync is shared calendars. There's a bugzilla entry that goes into this n greater depth.
As for why the Pre isn't seeing multiple calendars I don't know as I haven't gotten my hands on one yet.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Palm Pre

Postby phoenix » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:31 am

[quote user="ewilen"]I think Phoenix misspoke. [/QUOTE]No he just quoted the wrong post. :o
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
HRu

Palm Pre

Postby HRu » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 am

We have got a server running (some 5.x version) and Zimbra mobile. We can synchronise with several Pres but the contacts to be synced will only be the ones out of the root folders. Sub folders do not and also not a folder with shared contacts which we keep in a separate user. Any ways around? Will Zimbra 6.0 do any better (I need strong arguments, as our admins are a bit scared of that ;-) )
iway
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Palm Pre

Postby iway » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:07 am

HRu, that's a Pre limitation, unfortunately. The Pre can sync only the main folders, for calendars as well.
HRu

Palm Pre

Postby HRu » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:21 am

Hi iway, thank's for the reply. I feared so much..... .

Return to “Mobility”