Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

Take your Zimbra with you!
gnosbush

Postby gnosbush » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Revision 38 was just published a short time ago. I want to especially thank Vincent (liverpoolfcfan) for all his hard work on the last few revisions to get the timezone issues worked out as well as figuring out meeting requests and responses.
I think we are pretty close to releasing a version 1 of the script. I would encourage everyone to download the latest revision and test it out and report to this forum anything that you find is not working so we can get it fixed before releasing.
I am looking for a volunteer who would like to take on creating documentation that can be included with version 1. We do have that great article that was written a while ago (link posted below) but it needs to be expanded on as much has changed since. Plus I would like to include it as a PDF with the script file. If you are interested, please send me a message.
Thanks Everyone!

Current Documentation

cbnidk

Postby cbnidk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:17 am

[quote user="gnosbush"]Revision 38 was just published a short time ago. I want to especially thank Vincent (liverpoolfcfan) for all his hard work on the last few revisions to get the timezone issues worked out as well as figuring out meeting requests and responses.
I think we are pretty close to releasing a version 1 of the script. I would encourage everyone to download the latest revision and test it out and report to this forum anything that you find is not working so we can get it fixed before releasing.
I am looking for a volunteer who would like to take on creating documentation that can be included with version 1. We do have that great article that was written a while ago (link posted below) but it needs to be expanded on as much has changed since. Plus I would like to include it as a PDF with the script file. If you are interested, please send me a message.
Thanks Everyone!

Current Documentation[/QUOTE]
Hi
I have tried the ver. 38 and 39 but calendar don't work now with ver 36 I don't see eny error with my Sonyecrisson P1 but now I can't make a new calendar appointment on the Phone, the samme error is on a WM 6.5 I have tried this to. when I sync after a new appointment the sync fails

mail and contacts seems to work, I will test some more and replay back
Claus
DJ-Marcuzz

Postby DJ-Marcuzz » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:20 am

Unfortunately i also have to confirm that syncing the calendar is broken. No obvious errors, it just stops the sync.
liverpoolfcfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby liverpoolfcfan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:29 am

[quote user="cbnidk"]Hi
I have tried the ver. 38 and 39 but calendar don't work now with ver 36 I don't see eny error with my Sonyecrisson P1 but now I can't make a new calendar appointment on the Phone, the samme error is on a WM 6.5 I have tried this to. when I sync after a new appointment the sync fails

mail and contacts seems to work, I will test some more and replay back
Claus[/QUOTE]
Are you using an XML file ?

Has it got the new tags in it ?

Did you set sendasname and sendasemail ?
If you enable debug logging, then create an appointment on the phone,
Search the log file for a Setup message, the next couple of lines should detail your PHP version, script version, user info, and profile info. Please post these.
Search the log file for a set of messages starting with an I (incoming from phone) and containing POOMCAL: tags.
Immediately after these there should be a SOAP request for CreateAppointmentRequest - take a look at the response to see if there are errors.
cbnidk

Postby cbnidk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:03 pm

[quote user="liverpoolfcfan"]Are you using an XML file ?

Has it got the new tags in it ?

Did you set sendasname and sendasemail ?
If you enable debug logging, then create an appointment on the phone,
Search the log file for a Setup message, the next couple of lines should detail your PHP version, script version, user info, and profile info. Please post these.
Search the log file for a set of messages starting with an I (incoming from phone) and containing POOMCAL: tags.
Immediately after these there should be a SOAP request for CreateAppointmentRequest - take a look at the response to see if there are errors.[/QUOTE]
Hi
I use user file my file look like this

is this file rigth I want to sync mail - calendar - contacts
with this file I dont get calendar to work
Claus
liverpoolfcfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby liverpoolfcfan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:20 pm

[quote user="cbnidk"]Hi

is this file rigth I want to sync mail - calendar - contacts
with this file I dont get calendar to work
Claus[/QUOTE]
No - you have a number of mistakes in there.
1. You are missing the tags as I had asked earlier - These are required from Release 37 onwards.
2. timezone=Region/City

You should not add a username and @ in the XML file - It should only contain the timezone. You are confusing this with the domain field on the device where you can specify user@Region/City to override other settings.
3. on a couple of lines you are missing the "/" to close the tag.
Try this ...

Here yy is your Zimbra Username

The profile id="" means this will be the default profile/. If you put anything else in here, then it must match the profile identifier specified in the domain field of your account on your phone.

If you have already set your phone up with domain field "yy@Europe/Copenhagen" then you should change the profile id="yy" to match

Lastly, all tags are properly closed.
cbnidk

Postby cbnidk » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:16 pm

[quote user="liverpoolfcfan"]No - you have a number of mistakes in there.
1. You are missing the tags as I had asked earlier - These are required from Release 37 onwards.
2. timezone=Region/City

You should not add a username and @ in the XML file - It should only contain the timezone. You are confusing this with the domain field on the device where you can specify user@Region/City to override other settings.
3. on a couple of lines you are missing the "/" to close the tag.
Try this ...

Here yy is your Zimbra Username

The profile id="" means this will be the default profile/. If you put anything else in here, then it must match the profile identifier specified in the domain field of your account on your phone.

If you have already set your phone up with domain field "yy@Europe/Copenhagen" then you should change the profile id="yy" to match

Lastly, all tags are properly closed.[/QUOTE]
hi
I have tried what you suggested and I have this in my debug fil

I use yours xml file now but it the same calendar don't sync

06/19/10 19:57:04 [14957] I xP///wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAoAAAAFAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAFAAIAAAAAAAAAxP///w==

06/19/10 19:57:04 [14957] I
is this a error or?
liverpoolfcfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby liverpoolfcfan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:39 am

The error message in the web server log file you sent by PM indicates that the sync is failing because one of the functions needed for proper timezone handling is not found.
From your debug.txt I can also see you have PHP 5.1.xx
PHP 5.2.x or later is needed for release 38 and later of the script.
If a lot of people are still using version 5.1.x or earlier, we will have to see if there is any other way to handle the timezone stuff without breaking everything.
cbnidk

Postby cbnidk » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:38 pm

[quote user="liverpoolfcfan"]The error message in the web server log file you sent by PM indicates that the sync is failing because one of the functions needed for proper timezone handling is not found.
From your debug.txt I can also see you have PHP 5.1.xx
PHP 5.2.x or later is needed for release 38 and later of the script.
If a lot of people are still using version 5.1.x or earlier, we will have to see if there is any other way to handle the timezone stuff without breaking everything.[/QUOTE]
Hi
I don't know what will happen if I update php, I think I will wait to see if the

script get to work with 5.1.x

my z-push is running on a ClearOS 5.1 server and the zimbra is on a vmware

server 2.0.2 on the ClearOS server, zimbra is running on Ubuntu 8.0.4
Claus
liverpoolfcfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby liverpoolfcfan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:07 pm

[quote user="cbnidk"]Hi
I don't know what will happen if I update php, I think I will wait to see if the

script get to work with 5.1.x

my z-push is running on a ClearOS 5.1 server and the zimbra is on a vmware

server 2.0.2 on the ClearOS server, zimbra is running on Ubuntu 8.0.4
Claus[/QUOTE]
Can you give this a try for me.
Instead of reading the timezone from the incoming appointment and figuring out what it is, it will use the Timezone you have set in your domain setting on your device, or if not set any timezone set in your current profile in your XML file, or if that's not set your zimbra preferences - zimbraPrefTimeZoneId
Change line 2357

if (isset($input->timezone) {

to

$myPhpVersion = substr( phpversion(), 0, 3); // Should get 5.1, 5.2 or 5.3
if ((isset($input->timezone)) && (floatval($myPhpVersion)

Report back if it works.

Return to “Mobility”