Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

Take your Zimbra with you!
undertoe
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby undertoe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:34 am

Does the Zimbra backend support HTML formated mail. I have played with z-push as12 & as12.1 & 1.4 neither seem to show HTML mail. Any guidance on how to get that to work?

liverpoolfcfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby liverpoolfcfan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:12 am

[quote user="undertoe"]Does the Zimbra backend support HTML formated mail. I have played with z-push as12 & as12.1 & 1.4 neither seem to show HTML mail. Any guidance on how to get that to work?[/QUOTE]
As yet it does not support HTML email.
Also, this backend will not work as-is with AS 12 and as12.1 branches. They have changed multiple API calls, and expect a number of additional functions to be available in the backend that don't yet exist. A new version of the backend will be needed to match them.
You will no doubt have noticed that there is also a z-push 2.0 branch out there, and it is unclear at this time which if any of these various branches will make it to production - until it becomes clearer it is difficult to invest too much time in trying to support any of these various branches.
undertoe
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby undertoe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks for the quick reply. What exactly is the issues with HTML mail support? Is the issue with the backend plugin for zimbra or with z-push itself?
liverpoolfcfan
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby liverpoolfcfan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:29 am

[quote user="undertoe"]Thanks for the quick reply. What exactly is the issues with HTML mail support? Is the issue with the backend plugin for zimbra or with z-push itself?[/QUOTE]
To be honest I am not sure how far off it is. I haven't tried it in a long time. HTML was supposed to be in z-push 1.3 but it didn't seem to work, so I stopped trying to get the backend to work with it.
I haven't tried playing with it since 1.4 was released. I'll take a look when I get some time. Not sure of any of the other contributers have tried it recently - perhaps they will chime in if they have.
By the way - have you tried turning on HTML in your config file ? Do you get emails to your phone ? What do they look like ?
gnosbush

Postby gnosbush » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:07 am

[quote user="undertoe"]Thanks for the quick reply. What exactly is the issues with HTML mail support? Is the issue with the backend plugin for zimbra or with z-push itself?[/QUOTE]
HTML support is ready in the backend. We are just waiting for it to be implemented in Z-Push. You can enable it though in your config file and see what happens. We have found that a few phones will render an HTML email even if it is pushed to the phone as plain text.
undertoe
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby undertoe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:21 am

I HAVE TESTED IT ALL WAYS. THIS IS ALL THE SAME HTML SIGNATURE SENT TO THE SAME ACCOUNT.
#1 ZIMBRA_HTML SET TO TRUE :

#2 ZIMBRA_HTML SET TO FALSE :

#3 REGULAR IMAP ACCOUNT TO ZIMBRA (NO Z-PUSH):

WHAT IS STRANGE IS SETTING IT TO HTML FALSE IS WHEN IT ACTUALLY SOME WHAT MAKES THE PHONE PICK UP AS HTML.

imap_fullhtml.jpg

zpush_html_flase.jpg

zpush_html_true.jpg

imx
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby imx » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:09 pm

With false it just strips out the HTML code, so you should just see the text :)
undertoe
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby undertoe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Yeah that is what i left it to, set to false. So there is no way to get HTML supportted until z-push implements HTML email right? I thought as of 1.3 they had HTML mail working
undertoe
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby undertoe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:48 pm

case 'text/html': in mimedecode.php looks like html should work.
I program in php, I guess my question is do I need to code/tweek in HTML support into zimbrabackend plugin or z-push all together to get this to work.
blabub

Postby blabub » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:47 am

After a long time without problems using z-push backend, I have two questions:

1. I'm not sure what the source of the problem is but -
I have some serie appointments that repeating every week.
I created in May some of them, now with my mobile device (Android Froyo as OS) I can only select to sync back to the past month. So all my serie appointments are not synced. I think there is somewhere in zimbra, z-push or the backend a bug that handels the start date of a serie appointment as a normale date, but this should not be so. Most devices I know too support only three months back syncing.

2. Is there a chance to get z-push and zimbra with ssl working, without using two ip addresses? I can't find a working way.

Thanks and kind regards

blabub

Return to “Mobility”