Easy install of Z-Push

Take your Zimbra with you!
User avatar
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:59 am
Location: Lisbon, PT
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.11.GA.1854.UBUNTU14.64
Contact:

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby jasggomes » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi,

Just upgraded to version 2.4 of Z-Push and Zimbra Backedn still on version 67

There is an issue with the Vackend but you can solve it using this: https://sourceforge.net/p/zimbrabackend/bugs/76/

Regards.
JG


AlexV
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:43 am

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby AlexV » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Hello!

Thank you for the tuturial!
Same for me, i installed the php7 packages, but these commands are not accepted:

root@zimbra:~# systemctl enable php-fpm
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory

root@zimbra:~# systemctl start php-fpm
Failed to start php-fpm.service: Unit php-fpm.service not found.

So of course, when i try to reach https://zimbra.example.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync, i have a HTTP ERROR 502

Can you guys please help me to enable fpm ?

Thank you!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador
Posts: 25813
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby phoenix » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 pm

AlexV wrote:root@zimbra:~# systemctl enable php-fpm
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory

root@zimbra:~# systemctl start php-fpm
Failed to start php-fpm.service: Unit php-fpm.service not found.
I would guess from those errors that you don't have php-fpm installed, it would also help if you gave details of which distribution you're using.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
seidler
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:28 am

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby seidler » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:15 am

AlexV wrote:Hello!

Thank you for the tuturial!
Same for me, i installed the php7 packages, but these commands are not accepted:

root@zimbra:~# systemctl enable php-fpm
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory

root@zimbra:~# systemctl start php-fpm
Failed to start php-fpm.service: Unit php-fpm.service not found.

So of course, when i try to reach https://zimbra.example.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync, i have a HTTP ERROR 502

Can you guys please help me to enable fpm ?

Thank you!


Sorry about the late reply, I think if you install php 7 then the service name is "php7.0-fpm", so the command to start and enable is

systemctl enable php7.0-fpm
systemctl start php7.0-fpm


Stefan
Kordian
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby Kordian » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi all,
Thank you for the tutorial, however there are many uncertain things.
The tutorial does not state directly what should be installed together with the Zimbra server.
Correct me if I am mistaken, but both Apache and php needs to be installed.
What if I have a separate web server (with apache and php) and a separate machine with Zimbra only? Can z-push be installed on such a machine? What would be the further steps?
Thank you in advance for any help!
Regards
seidler
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:28 am

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby seidler » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Kordian wrote:Hi all,
Thank you for the tutorial, however there are many uncertain things.
The tutorial does not state directly what should be installed together with the Zimbra server.
Correct me if I am mistaken, but both Apache and php needs to be installed.
What if I have a separate web server (with apache and php) and a separate machine with Zimbra only? Can z-push be installed on such a machine? What would be the further steps?
Thank you in advance for any help!
Regards


There is a section which even details the exact install commands. It's php-fpm and some required PHP packages. Search for "yum install" and "apt-get install".

The technology used is PHP-FPM (which is a PHP process manager independent of the web server) and the nginx web server that comes with Zimbra and in Zimbra terms is called "proxy".

If you want to install Z-Push on a separate machine, there are other tutorials out there. My approach is for installing Z-Push on the same server where the Zimbra proxy component is running. I would think that for most installations with less than 100 users, people will probably install Zimbra on a single server and not use separate servers for the different Zimbra components.

Stefan
Kordian
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby Kordian » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:00 am

I already have a z=push installation on a separate Server (non Zimbra).
Wanted to migrate to a newer Version.
Since I have one IP adrress for everything (web, mail), it would be great to have z-push installed on the same Server as zimbra and have special port for it to direct the traffic from the router. This is why I am asking for Details, as the tutorial does not state directly to install php or Apache, and the instructions and comments mention both on several occasions.
Thank you in advance for Support.
seidler
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:28 am

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby seidler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:52 am

Kordian wrote:I already have a z=push installation on a separate Server (non Zimbra).
Wanted to migrate to a newer Version.
Since I have one IP adrress for everything (web, mail), it would be great to have z-push installed on the same Server as zimbra and have special port for it to direct the traffic from the router. This is why I am asking for Details, as the tutorial does not state directly to install php or Apache, and the instructions and comments mention both on several occasions.
Thank you in advance for Support.

The comments made here about Apache are not mine, and in fact some are probably misleading.
You do not need to install Apache.
If you run Zimbra on Ubuntu, you need to adjust the commands slightly, because the default there is PHP 7.

So for install:

Code: Select all

apt-get install php-memcached php-cli php-soap php7.0-fpm


And for starting/enabling the service:

Code: Select all

systemctl enable php7.0-fpm
systemctl start php7.0-fpm


Hope that works, but I did not test it. Since CentOS is the recommended OS for Zimbra, I want to save myself from trouble and do not use Ubuntu for it, even though I usually use Debian for servers.
Kordian
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:04 pm

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby Kordian » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:16 am

My zimbra runs on ubuntu 12.04
milauria
Advanced member
Advanced member
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:32 pm

Re: Easy install of Z-Push

Postby milauria » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:21 pm

Kordian -- To stay safe I have z-push installed on the front-end server, Zimbra server stays behind. I also have 1 IP external for all (mail, web, SSL certbot, etc).
There I have nginx reverse-proxy setup to direct to different services based on port (local server for z-push, zimbra server for 8443, etc). You can find apache or nginx sample configurations around or on the z-push forum. You could also consolidate Z-push under the zimbra server tweaking the included nginx "proxy", but I prefer to keep Zimbra server alone.

Return to “Mobility”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests