Page 1 of 1
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 am
The title "Universal UI" tended me to think it will be universal UI for desktop, tablet and mobile. It's the most demanding to keep the access to all features, when you go mobile. For example, to create task from mail, to use personas when composing mail, i.e. to have the same features as you have on the desktop. Or, at least, the most of them.
Do you have in the roadmap the harmonizing of the mobile client to the universal UI?
Re: Mobile UI
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:05 pm
It's on the roadmap yes, at the moment we are working on the Desktop experience, as it's the most used interface, for Mobile we usually tend to focus on ActiveSync, CalDAV, CarDAV and IMAP/POP integration, but Mobile is on the roadmap to work on it.
Thank you for testing it.
Re: Mobile UI
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:41 pm
thank you for keeping us updated and for your comments!
I understand the main trend in mobile environments to IMAP/Activesync/CarDAV.
I'd like to say, that the separate Android applications do only basic features (standard email functions) or contacts manipulations (create, edit, delete). But they do not integrate the Zimbra features as a whole environment:
1) common search (through everything- mail, contacts, files, tasks etc)
2) through tagging
3) creating tasks from mail
4) sending briefcase files directly from the web form, not actually downloading files to the device and back
5) using global contacts directory in mail, tasks, calendar with auto-completing
6) 3d party task applications work not perfect with CalDAV, and they implement only part of the Zimbra tasks features. For example, they dont support subfolders.
7) the list can be continued...
So the current mobile client implements a significant part of the above mentioned, and it offers the most valuable (from my opinion) thing: the coherent common environment, where you feel "at home". So if this will develope, I would say, it will be great.