Zimbra Collaboration & Zimbra Desktop Forums
Rob - can we please get a real update? And not another obviously PR Department filtered half-statement that Jenn posted the other day. It's been said before, but I'll say it again -- this is a technical community; technical details are necessary -- as is transparency. Right now -- we've got none of each.
1) What is this supposed "incident" with the old forums?
2) Why did it ground the entire forums, even in read-only mode?
3) Why are you suddenly now able to bring the old forums online in read-only mode, only after being called out?
4) How much data have you actually lost from the old forums? (honesty here would be nice)
5) The search engines are already dropping forum page links -- what are you going to do to restore links?
6) What method are you using to import data into your forum product? (my guess is manual data entry)
7) How much longer is this going to take? (you have through Oct 4th cleared for notifications, does that mean another week!?)
8) Why did it take so long for Telligent to finally grasp the gravity of the situation?
9) Why is Zimbra taking backseat to your forums product on the community pages? Zimbra is the flagship product.
10) Why are the "fixes" to the Zimbra temporary forums not being applied to your other forums? (You can't use the "rushed" excuse here, those community pages have existed for a while, yet still suck - quite frankly, product defaults are supposed to be sane, your product's defaults are certifiably insane)
11) Can you commit to posting a tarball or zip of the old forums data? A lot of people don't want to risk losing access to the data ever again. A request I believe to be reasonable.
I'm glad to see you taking this seriously now -- I feel you should have been here all along instead of letting Jenn take the brunt.
@Community -- I'm sure I'm missing some things that need to be addressed (still waking up), please chime in with additional things that Rob will address in a Blog post for us.