You are right, it was any announcement, as the "new" forums were already on the new environment, and the change, in theory it was a DNS change. I did the tests on the new environment and worked. The DNS change was scheduled late here Europe time, where the majority of the visitors are, I forgot to edit the banner with the news about it, we are working really hard on 8.7 and I don't have all the bandwidth I want to reply more questions here, and to update the banner with the news.
I am trying to see if I share the news of the migration on the IRC, could be me or maybe JobBz, but I can't find it. If you are not using Social Media, or/and either IRC, what did you expect for a theoretically, non disruptive migration?
The Social Media update was about forums, support portal and Wiki, that include Customers and Open source Community.
Well, if you think things are same or worse than during Telligent days, is your opinion, but don't forget:
- We have migrated to phpbb, as the previous software wasn't really good and the migration was not well planned, it toked our time, but we did
- You can always go to the IRC channel and find around 4 or 5 Zimbra employees to ping with questions, you, and everyone around the World
- You have our email addresses, as I have yours, if you want answers, you can come here and quote messages, or send an email where I am sure I will reply fastest
- I have never had access to Community Managers or other Companies emails, as for example Red Hat, or VMware, I can't send an email and ask about the status of their Community, etc. You can.
- We released a private Beta Program where we invited Partners and Open Source key people like Barrydg, and others, and a public one to everyone with our next Release
- We released a public Beta program for Zimbra Desktop, where everyone can participate
- We joined and backs the Zeta Alliance, where every week is someone from Zimbra on the calls
- We restored all privileges to Moderators like you, and highlighted with the badges, and everyone can see now the job everyone did, for example with your 20K+ posts
Do everything perfect at all levels it's impossible, and specially at the end of Business Quarter, plus upcoming Release of ZCS 8.7, conducting the Betas programs, and migrating from Data Center. I am one person on the Community Manager side, Social Medial, etc.
Trying my best, I did not communicate properly the migration, as I expected it would worked as expected, but it didn't and I have shared we had issues on Social Media, instead here somewhere, I will try to improve it in the future.