Zimbra has spent a lot of time planning the feature set for our flagship product. With this release, we are focusing on how to make it easier for End Users to manage their emails & schedules, and enabling Administrators to optimize their infrastructure by taking advantage of virtualization. Some of the planned features include:
- Ability to "undo" email operations
- Conveniently located People Search makes it easy to search the GAL
- Re-designed calendar screens to make it easier than ever to create appointments and meetings
- A Scheduling Wizard to help with finding a meeting date + time
- Forward Contacts as vCard
- Improved Signature controls
- Core component updates and taking advantage of the VMware vSphere "heartbeat" Health Monitor
- Plus, we are making a few zimlets (like WebEx, Email Attacher and Search Highlighter) core features of the product.
Overall, we are planning over 180+ enhancements. You can see the complete list on the Zimbra Product Management Portal.
You can download ZCS 7.0 Alpha today at our website:
[url=Open Source Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra[/url]
Note: This Alpha release is not supported and not for production use. And since this is a very early access build of ZCS 7.0, you might find some incomplete features or a bit of instability.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to try the Alpha and for your perseverance & understanding. Please provide any feedback or if you run into any issues in the Zimbra Forums. Your feedback will enable us to quickly improve Zimbra Collaboration Suite 7.0!