Hi Zimbra Community,
Zimbra Collaboration Suite 8.0.8 was released on September 30, 2014. This is the final planned release of the 8.0.x series, and all development effort is currently focused on the upcoming 8.6.0, and planned 8.7.0 and future 9.0 “Always On” releases in 2015. I still remember the day of the Official announcement.
ZCS 8.0.8 quick reference info:
- 9 enhancements and 174 bugs fixed, including some of which are critical or security fixes
- Package updates to many core packages: OpenLDAP, Java JDK, OpenSSL, OpenDKIM, net-snmp, PHP and others
- An important fix that adjusts the syntax for zimbraHttpThrottleSafeIPs More Info here - https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=85016
- Document that the use of ZeXtras causes problems and is not supported by Zimbra Support with the Zimbra Collaboration Network Edition. More Info here - https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=93405 and here https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/ZeXtras:_Zimbra_Does_Not_Support_or_Endorse_ZeXtras_or_like_applications
- Add Ubuntu 14 support to ZCS 8.0.8 https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=92383
- Add RHEL 7 support to ZCS 8.0.8 https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=91779
- An important logging feature for EU Legal Requirements https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=85073
The ZCS 8.0.8 downloads (tgz and md5) and Release Notes are available here:
- Zimbra Collaboration Network Edition: http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra-collaboration
- Zimbra Collaboration Open-Source Edition: http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra-collaboration-open-source
The complete list of Enhancements and Major Issues Fixed:
Enhancements in 8.0.8 by Bug Number
- Bug: 85073 Source Port Logging For EU Legal Requirements. Added remote port to http(s) access logging.
- Bug: 86630 Added explanations to daily mail reports.
- Bug: 91779 Added RHEL7 64-bit support for 8.0.8 release and later.
- Bug: 92383 Added Ubuntu 14 LTS support. Major Issues Fixed for 8.0.8
Major Issues Fixed in 8.0.8
- Bug: 83298 - Improved admin c onsole usability when return ed results are over the limit.
- Bug: 83327 - GetEffectiveRightRequest in searchdirectory request loading improved.
- Bug: 93140 - Fixed issued causing ZCS 8. 0.7 Patch 1 breaking delegated admin functionality.
- Bug: 93976 - Delegated admin ability to edit distribution list fixed.
- Bug: 93980 - Delegated admin abilit y to edit account fixed.
- Bug: 93984 - Delegated admin abilit y to edit resources fixed. Backup and Restore:
- Bug: 87718 - Folders now accessible after a restore of users account.
Briefcase - Server
- Bug: 79804 - Ability to edit Zimb ra Document in Briefcase.
- Bug:82236 - Share URL correct when selecting files in shared briefcase.
Connector for Outlook
- Bug: 89146 - Outlook 2010 does not crash wit h ZCO 184.108.40.2066 while pushing new appointments.
- Bug: 93114 - Handling translation of IMAP metacharacters into regexes no longer causes high server load when IMAP LIST commands are issued.
Install and Upgrade
- Bug: 83323 - Updated EULA.
- Bug: 89198 - MySQL version upgrade is performed prior to checking if upgrade is possible.
- Bug: 90796 - Fixed issue during replication and MMR mode configuration causing masters to go into endless loop.
- Bug: 95291 - Fixed typo in ZsMsg_fr.properties results in the share access URL not being embedded in the email.
Mail - MTA/Spam/Virus
- Bug: 88632 - zmmtactl restart is an option post 8.0.7 upgrade.
Mail - Server
- Bug: 92610 - Fixed issue causing zmmboxmove to exhaust LDAP connection pool during migrations.
Mail - Web Client
- Bug: 43733 - Web client allows moving sub-folders within a shared folder
- Bug: 89592 - Fixed issue causing account prov isioning failure in Exchange account migration.
Other - Server
- Bug: 82587 - Fixed issue between Zimbra createTimeStamp attribute and Active Directory createTimeStamp values.
- Bug: 82192 - Mutually exclusive behavior disp lays for zimbraPublicSharingEnabled and zimbraExternalSharingEnabled.
Please let Zimbra know if any questions or issues.