- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Patch 9 now available (includes fix for CVE-2017-8802). Read the announcement.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.7 + Zimbra Connector for Outlook 8.8.7 are available.. Read the announcement.
- Are you a Zimbra Developer? You can find some interesting stuff in our Official GitHub: https://github.com/Zimbra and check the Community Projects too: https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/
- L. Mark Stone
- Elite member
- Posts: 1993
- Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am
- Location: Portland, Maine
- ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.12 Network Edition
Can you update us on the road map for IM getting put back in to Zimbra? I know I am getting old(er), but I had in my mind it was to be back in 8.5.
Thanks, and hope you are doing well,
Like Mark we would also be interested in learning plans for IM coming back to Zimbra. Since Zimbra is trying to be a "collaboration platform" it would seem to me that IM/Chat would be a large part of people collaborating. There has been a main bug open for quite some time with a high number of user votes: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=19398
For our situation, even having an "in-browser" chat client like Zimbra used to have that required a standards-compliant server separate from Zimbra would be a nice step forward and based on existing code should think it would be semi easy to do.
My concern when I look back at older versions of Zimbra that had chat, word/spreadsheet creation, etc. it seemed to be much more inline with the Google Apps platforms whereas now many of these features have been stripped out of the product, leaving it basically an email platform and not really a collaboration platform.
In Zimbra Collaboration 9 will come with IM, at least in this old Slide you can see it (Slide 35) - http://www.slideshare.net/zimbrafr/netixia-zimbra-strategy-31473613
A lot of new enhancements will come soon in 9.0, keep in touch, will be definetly, 100% collaboration, with real-time document creation, edit, etc.
When I have more news, or features, or some screenshots I will try to publish in Announcements too.
Thank you Travis Kensil and best regards!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests