Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 is here. An early Christmas gift for our Zimbra Collaboration users. And like any good gift, Zimbra Collaboration comes with a lot of Enhancements and hundreds of Fixed Issues.
Note: Accessibility features for 8.6.0 include the login page and the majority of the Mail application. Full accessibility support will be available in 8.7.0.
- 32283 - AJAX accessibility - section 508.
- 55337 - All items must have accessibility using keyboard.
- 96132 - List view header actions should be keyboard accessible.
- 96137 - Compose view accessibility.
- 96492 - Implemented IMAP SPECIAL-USE attributes for LIST command.
Note: Support for full SPECIAL-USE or CREATE-SPECIAL-USE capabilities is not implemented.
- 90038 - [EU] Added Support for Basque (EU) Language.
- 92867 - [JA] - Translations for ZCS 8.6.
Mail - Server
- 73789 - LMTP TLS support
- 91114 - Add option to make LHLO mandatory in LMTP transactions.
- 94176 - Add server attribute to toggle Ctrl-Enter shortcut.
- 96077 - Local lmtp client should communicate over ssl.
Mail - Web Client
- 24436 - Shared mailbox - save sent messages to the shared sent folder.
- 65605 - Ctrl-Enter send message shortcut need improvement.
- 84370 - Identity when sending mail.
- 74225 - Schedule migration option shows cryptic message when xml and csv files are not available.
- 81529 - Please add a ZimbraCOS command line option.
- 90999 - Log version/build number.
Other - Web Client
- 84371 - Better organization of shared folders.
- 95328 - Replace file icons with new Zimbra branded icons.
- 86759 - Add nginx stub_status module.
- 91799 - Conversation unread count in SearchResponse.
- 85295 - Upgrade from Ubuntu 10 to 12 to 14 documented in wiki page.
- 89627 - zmauditswatch feature documented in a wiki page.
- 69984 - Support added for caldav calendar-auto-schedule RFC6638.
With more than 120 Fixed Issues, the best option to read the Release Notes, specifically the Fixed Issues section - https://files.zimbra.com/website/docs/8.6/ZCS_860_OS_ReleaseNotes_UpgradeInst.pdf#G1149447
Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 includes fixes for: Bug 95976, 96008 and 96105. Please read the Security Notes about them - https://files.zimbra.com/website/docs/8.6/ZCS_860_OS_ReleaseNotes_UpgradeInst.pdf#G1203182
You can find additional information about Cipher and Protocol Suite recommendations in our Security Wiki dedicated to the 8.6 release: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Security/Collab/86
Additional Security for past releases is in progress. The Zimbra Security Center wiki for Collab will have that information as it is added:- https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Security/Collab
Note: Both of the Security Wikis are Work in Progress articles, and subject to change as new security information is released. Please check back regularly for the lastest Security advice.
Zimbra Security Response Policy
For more information about the Zimbra Security Response Policy, see https://community.zimbra.com/support/w/security_prgm/41842.zimbra-security-response-policy
Download Zimbra Collaboration 8.6
Please, before install, read carefuly into the Release Notes and be sure that you have a Backup, Snapshot, etc of your Infrastructure before Upgrade.