Zimbra Desktop 7.2.7 is now available! Remember, it is a free application and is one of the best email clients to manage all of your email accounts. This release primarily addresses some important security issues and has fixed issues when syncing with Yahoo! accounts.
- Important security issues fixed.
- Yahoo mail sync issues resolved.
- Java is no longer bundled inside the Zimbra Desktop package for Windows and Linux. Zimbra Desktop now detects and uses the Java available on the user's machine. As part of this development, a separate 64-bit Zimbra Desktop package is available for Windows.
- Zimbra no longer ships a copy of trusted CA certificates inside the application, instead it now relies on Java's CA trust store for improved security.
- Mac installer signing issue fixed, which was causing Zimbra Desktop to appear from an "unidentified developer".
- Yahoo mail sync issue fixed, which was broken after Yahoo discontinued their web service mail API. IMAP/SMTP is now used for Yahoo mail sync.
- Zimbra Desktop is updated with the latest timezone data.
To upgrade to the latest version of Zimbra Desktop, download and run the Zimbra Desktop installer available at www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra-desktop. All user settings and data are preserved during the upgrade.
- Zimbra Desktop 7.x.x supports upgrades from Zimbra Desktop 2.0.x, Upgrades from Zimbra Desktop 1.0.x are not supported. Downgrading and auto-migration are not supported.
- If you are in Zimbra Desktop 7.2.5 version, you can click in About Zimbra Desktop > Check for updates to install this new Release.
Fixed Issues in Zimbra Desktop 7.2.7
Fixed Mac installer signing issue which was causing Zimbra Desktop to appear from an "unidentified developer".
Removed the bundled JRE from Zimbra Desktop to work with ZCS 8.6.0.
Zimbra Desktop installer has correct permissions for log directory.
Removed bundling of JRE from Zimbra Desktop and uses native JRE on 32-bit application launch.
Zimbra Desktop windows installer changes to detect Java version installed on user's machine.
Created 64-bit Zimbra Desktop build for Windows OS.
Zimbra Desktop auto updates (About Zimbra Desktop ->Check for updates...) from 7.2.5 to 7.2.7 and 7.2.7 to future releases.
Updated Zimbra Desktop upgrade script (Windows OS) to remove bundled JRE from user's machine during upgrade process.
Zimbra Desktop Linux - JRE bundling removed from Zimbra Desktop and now uses native JRE installed on Linux machine.
Zimbra Desktop Linux installer changes to detect Java on user's machine.
Upgrades allowed from 32-bit Zimbra Desktop to 64-bit version.
Zimbra Desktop auto launches on Mac after installation.
Installer prevents user from proceeding if compatible Java version is not installed on user's machine.
OSL for ZDESKTOP updated.
Official Support for Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop 64bits or above.
Increased Memory Allocation In ZD Linux
Legal approval for msvcr100.dll (for Zimbra Desktop).
Error messages are displayed when required JRE is not found on Zimbra Desktop application launch.
Server - Contacts Sync
Disabled Gmail Contact sync for 7.2.7 release
Server - Calendar Sync
Fixed error issue caused when syncing calendar in Japanese Yahoo account.
Server - Mail Sync
Yahoo mail folders sync with Zimbra Desktop.
Yahoo IMAP URLs are standardized.
Yahoo! mail API's are supported, allowing email to send using Yahoo account on Zimbra Desktop.
Yahoo sync issue are fixed.
Server - Other
Added Global Sign as trusted CA in Zimbra Desktop.
Updated timezones.ics to tzdata2015d.tar.gz.
UI - General
TO column displays for sent messages archived to local folders.
Updated copyright string to refer to Zimbra instead of Telligent.
Changed copyright year to include 2015 for all Zimbra and Telligent products, help and website.
Composing mail in new window works correctly.
Online/Offline icon is visible on Zimbra Desktop 64-bit.
Fixed issue causing error when opening an email with embedded images hosted in https.
Zimbra engineering has identified a number of issues with the software, and we are actively working to resolve them. The following are issues that are most likely to occur. All known bugs are listed in Zimbra’s Bugzilla database, available on the Zimbra web site at http://bugzilla.zimbra.com .
Contact sync for Gmail is disabled as the API's which Zimbra Desktop uses for authentication are deprecated by Google.
Persistent white box on Mac after Yosemite upgrade.
Yahoo Contact sync not working due to unsupported Yahoo APIs.
On Windows, if the Windows Script host has been configured with a timeout it will cause Zimbra Desktop installation to exit before completing.
Sharing with an external account from Zimbra Desktop creates a 7.x style mount-point, even if the ZCS server version is 8.0 or higher.
We look forward to your feedback.