ZCS 6.07 and Apple Addressbook Carddav

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
lcx

Postby lcx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:30 am

I found a simple solution for this issue.

I had the same problem and started wireshark and noticed AB tried to find

an IP for lcx.at@zcs.lcx.at when using a user like zcs@lcx.at on a server called zcs.lcx.at

so the solution for me was to add a static dns to my route with the name "lcx.at@zcs.lcx.at" and my AB was happy, everything works as expected.

you could probably just add a entry to /etc/hosts/ which should have the same effect.

Shimmy

Postby Shimmy » Sun May 01, 2011 5:17 pm

What's the latest on this issue? Anything new? I'm currently trying to make it work, but to no avail yet
It's a non default domain over HTTPS

CardDAV sync with iPhone works perfectly, but not with Address Book
ThomS

Postby ThomS » Mon May 02, 2011 2:26 am

I have tested this quite exhaustively too, but could not get it to work on OS X 10.6 Address Book either :(
As has been posted earlier in this thread it is a bug in Apple's Address Book application. One of my customers reported that it has been fixed in Mac OS X 10.7 Address Book. He tested it in a beta/developer release of OS X 10.7 and was able to successfully add and sync a CARDdav account (in a non-default Zimbra domain).
dgcurtis

Postby dgcurtis » Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 am

In my testing, I've found the addressbook's auto detection to be crap.
I ended up getting to work by creating the entry by using the mailstore my account is on. After it was setup, I had to go into the Configuration.plist file and manually change it to the public hostname.
The file is usually in /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/Sources/DATASOURCE_ID
If you have more than one data source in your addressbook, you'll have to figure out which DATASOURCE_ID directory to go into from there.
Doug
135marcg

Postby 135marcg » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 am

[quote user="lcx"]I found a simple solution for this issue.

I had the same problem and started wireshark and noticed AB tried to find

an IP for lcx.at@zcs.lcx.at when using a user like zcs@lcx.at on a server called zcs.lcx.at

so the solution for me was to add a static dns to my route with the name "lcx.at@zcs.lcx.at" and my AB was happy, everything works as expected.

you could probably just add a entry to /etc/hosts/ which should have the same effect.[/QUOTE]
Our setup: OSX 10.6.7 / ZCS Network 7.1.0 with Proxy Server end point / multi-server setup
We used wireshark to capture the DNS traffic and came to the same conclusion. Here's a little more detail around the explanation in case it helps others:
Assuming your proxy server end point is: zimbrahost.zimbradomain.com & your username is joe.blogs@domain.com you'd enter the following into AB.app to configure it:
u: joe.blogs@domain.com

p: [password]

server: zimbrahost.zimbradomain.com:443 (assuming you're using SSL - the port detail is important)
AB.app will do a DNS query for: domain.com@zimbrahost.zimbradomain.com
We solved the issue by adding a host entry on the mac in /etc/hosts:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx domain.com@zimbrahost.zimbradomain.com
where xxx.etc is the IP address of your proxy server end point (I assume this would also work if you were pointing directly at the mbox server).

Return to “Administrators”