webDAV shared briefcase folders

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
meesha
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby meesha » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:57 am

I can rename folder or filename in Total commander only by F6. If I use inline edit with Shift+F6 the same error like in Explorer occurs.
I hope that it will be fixed in next 7.1.2 :)

prashanth1k

Postby prashanth1k » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:33 pm

It is absolutely windows 7's fault.. but so many in my office are using win 7 I cant afford to not use it.. you know what I mean?
dik23
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby dik23 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:40 am

You can use Windows 7, do, but I think you'll have to find a 3rd party to provide software in order for webDAV to work properly.
There's quite a lot available
Michael REMY
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby Michael REMY » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:31 am

hi !
under win7 x64, which webdrive software will you advice to use with zimbra briefcase ?

does anybody have notice bug with sapce name or accent name in folder and filename ?
thanks
dik23
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Postby dik23 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:18 am

I have updated to 7.1.x now and the 3rd party software I was using no longer seems necessary. I've no idea if it's necessary with other versions of Zimbra.
For your information previously I was using the software produced by Gladinet. There's a free version here
meesha
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby meesha » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:47 am

I am using native windows 7 support for webdav. Special chars, spaces are ok. Rename of items are working fine from the version 7.1.3. So I recommend native Windows 7 webdav.
Michael REMY
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby Michael REMY » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:53 am

[quote user="meesha"]I am using native windows 7 support for webdav. Special chars, spaces are ok. Rename of items are working fine from the version 7.1.3. So I recommend native Windows 7 webdav.[/QUOTE]
even win7 family have websav support ? or only corporate ?
meesha
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby meesha » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:57 am

I have Windows 7 Professional, I don't know if there are some windows 7 distribution limitations.
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby jerryboi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 am

This might be a little off-topic, but I did not want to start a new thread for this: Is anyone fellow administrator aware of a webdavlocal syncing tool that would speed up webdav folder navigation? The client is asking for a dropbox client-like solution: The local dropbox folder is synchronized seamlessly in the background and it can be navigated as quickly as a local folder. With the webdav clients I tried navigating into a folder always means a https lookup and rereading the contents and depending on the size of the folder this can take loooooooong.

I know there is a dropbox-killler Octopus in the making and supposedly it will be integrated with zimbra but is there a solution that works NOW?
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby jerryboi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 am

to answer my question, SMEstorage.com can connect to zimbra shares and has some nice clients for win/osx/android/bberry.

Return to “Administrators”