Zimbra IP DNS BlackList SMTP Server vs. Local IP

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
3345JpMaxMan

Postby 3345JpMaxMan » Thu May 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Greetings! I have noticed that often e-mail gets blocked by the various RBLS DNSBL services because the IP address assigned to the user is captured in the e-mail message when using some form of web based e-mail ( google / yahoo / etc ). Is there a way to make Zimbra only check the IP of the SMTP server??

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Fri May 23, 2014 12:22 am

[quote user="3345JpMaxMan"]Greetings! I have noticed that often e-mail gets blocked by the various RBLS DNSBL services because the IP address assigned to the user is captured in the e-mail message when using some form of web based e-mail ( google / yahoo / etc ). Is there a way to make Zimbra only check the IP of the SMTP server??[/QUOTE]site:zimbra.com +"x-originating-ip" - Bing
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
3345JpMaxMan

Postby 3345JpMaxMan » Fri May 23, 2014 1:28 am

[quote user="10330phoenix"]site:zimbra.com +"x-originating-ip" - Bing[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Though I have already disabled that. I'm not referring to messages sent from the Zimbra web client. I'm referring to messages sent from Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc. other web clients that add this and then the Zimbra spam engine uses it to check the RBL or DNSBL. I want it to not use that and just use the IP of the SMTP server.
quanah
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby quanah » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:13 pm

You can open a discussion about this with the postfix list if you want, since that is the only bit that does RBL blocking if you enable RBL blocking. I.e., this would not be a Zimbra issue.
If you're referring to SpamAssassin scoring of messages, then you need to contact the SpamAssassin developers on the SpamAssassin users's list. None of this is Zimbra code itself.
--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect, Symas http://www.symas.com/
OpenLDAP Core team http://www.openldap.org/project/

Return to “Administrators”