Shared Tagging How can I share tags of contacts ??

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
10620Beat

Postby 10620Beat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:52 am

In the release notes of version 8 I find:

Shared Tagging. In Zimbra 8 tagging functionality has been improved so

that when items are shared users cannot only use tags to organize their

data but also share these tags across applications as well as mailboxes
How can I share tags? I didn't find a way to share my contacts with tags.

918jjohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby 918jjohnson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Here's a quick example of how it works... I have a contact folder with a contact in it. I share that contact folder with you. I create a tag called "Important". I then apply that Important tag to the contact in my shared contact folder. When you see that contact in the shared contact folder you'll see that it has an "Important" tag on it. Note that this does NOT create a new "Important" tag in your set of tags (that could get messy quickly), however if you do create your own tag with the same "Important" string for a title, it will see the contact folder in the shared folder with the same coloring as your tag, just as if you'd applied it. Hope this helps.
10620Beat

Postby 10620Beat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:03 am

That was accurately what I did. The tag of the shared contact appeared. I created a same tag in my tag set. When I click on it

"no results found". It seems to me that index files are missing. Is there a way to reindex contacts and tags ??
(if I change the language to my normal german, I can't sort shared contacts at all. All the letters give "no records found". If I change to

english, than I can sort shared contacts but can't use tags)
918jjohnson
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby 918jjohnson » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:47 pm

That was accurately what I did. The tag of the shared contact appeared. I created a same tag in my tag set. When I click on it

"no results found". It seems to me that index files are missing. Is there a way to reindex contacts and tags ??
For some reason it appears the shared tags are being left out of the search index. I've filed a bug for this: https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=77646

Return to “Users”