Delete email contacts that no longer exist

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ack4nj0

Delete email contacts that no longer exist

Postby ack4nj0 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Hello,

I have a problem the emails created in Zimbra and once deleted do not disappear from the suggestion list of contacts.

How do I remove contacts from emails that have already been deleted from Zimbra?
I need to remove from the suggestion list of all Zimbra users. Is there any way to do this globally?

Because once the deleted contact does not appear the option to forget at least one of the users, I would delete the already deleted Zimbra email contacts so that they stop appearing in the suggestion.

hbatelaan

Re: Delete email contacts that no longer exist

Postby hbatelaan » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi,

When you say "from the suggested list of contacts", which list is this exactly? Is this on a particular client / what software are you using?
ack4nj0

Postby ack4nj0 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi,

Zimbra Webmail,

Let me give you an example,

This email Alan was created and when the official was fired I deleted the account, however for all users his email is still appears as a suggestion even that email no longer exists.

I also remember that this email account was created by me and has already been deleted, as already informed that this user has already been fired.

This is a case, but all the email accounts I delete remain appearing as a suggestion to other users, I need to remove these suggestions globally.
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Postby ccelis5215 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am

Hi,

This is not exactly what you need, but you can check, it could work as a workaround.

https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Remove_All_Emailed_Contacts

ccelis
boovan

Postby boovan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:05 am

Hi guys,
i have a problem in zimbra (ie.after deleting user account in zimbra on that time it is getting deleted afterwards again tha same users showing )

Plz help me to resolve the problem
Gren Elliot
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Postby Gren Elliot » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:25 pm

One source of the autocompleted addresses is your "Emailed Contacts" folder which you can see in the folder list of your Contacts tab in ZWC. You could delete the relevant contacts from that folder and see if it helps.

Return to “Administrators”