Hello and Question

Post feedback about our hosted demo or your local install. Tell us what you love and/or what you’d like to see added in the future.
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: Hello and Question

Postby DualBoot » Fri May 15, 2020 8:08 am

Hello,

as far as I know there is no such a kind of account. But you can use a Zimbra mailing list like no-reply@domain.tld with ACL.
And allow some users to write as this mailing list.

Regards,

BradC
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby BradC » Sat May 16, 2020 12:29 am

duongthuydung wrote:Do anyone know how to create a noreply account by which we should have the function of sending the emails only and not allowed to receive any emails.

There's probably a couple of ways of achieving this and it depends on your definition of "allowed to receive any emails". By that do you mean all incoming e-mail is discarded, or do you want that address to bounce at the SMTP level so their server is rejected even trying to send E-mail?

If its the former, you could create the noreply account and put a filter in to automatically trash all incoming mail. There is a filter action specifically to "discard".
Additionally we had a user once accidentally put a wildcard in their spam mail blocklist which prevented them receiving mail.

If it's the latter then you can assign an account the ability to send as someone else. This is found in account preferences under "sending mail". "Allow mail to be sent from only these addresses". Put your noreply address in there and that will allow your user to create a persona with that address as the sender address. You can then send E-mail as "noreply@" and when someone tries to reply the server will bounce it as there is no account on the system with that name.

I tried it here just to verify it does what I said it would.

Oh look, there's even a Wiki entry on how to do it : https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Ajcody-How ... rnal-Users
BradC
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby BradC » Sat May 16, 2020 12:39 am

DualBoot wrote:you can use a Zimbra mailing list like no-reply@domain.tld with ACL.
And allow some users to write as this mailing list.

That works too. Create mailing list, uncheck "can receive mail" and add users to the "delegated authority" section and enable "send as".

I like that solution better than the others.

Return to “Users”