Timesheet?

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
ghenry

Timesheet?

Postby ghenry » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:54 am

Is there a timesheet feature? This is the missing peice for me. Not a full blown project management tool, just basic hour recording.

uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Timesheet?

Postby uxbod » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:16 am

Welcome to the forums :)
Out of the box then I do not believe so. You could write a Zimlet to do it :) or look at the integration with SugarCRM.
ghenry

Timesheet?

Postby ghenry » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:36 am

[quote user="uxbod"]Welcome to the forums :)
Out of the box then I do not believe so. You could write a Zimlet to do it :) or look at the integration with SugarCRM.[/QUOTE]
OK, thanks. A nice Zimlet would be a good idea.
osarrat

Timesheet?

Postby osarrat » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:04 am

I would give a big +1 for the development of such a feature.
To make it simpler, this zimlet might be just an interface to another open-source timesheet management system like Timesheet Next Gen (SourceForge.net: Timesheet Next Gen) or TimeTrex (SourceForge.net: TimeTrex Time and Attendance).
krabina
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0

Timesheet?

Postby krabina » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:44 am

oh yes, me too!
I haven't really tested some of the timesheet products out there, but this one looks promising:

http://wrconsulting.com/cms/wrtimetracker
osarrat

Timesheet?

Postby osarrat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:02 am

To push further this idea, I have written directly to the communities of those projects, to advice them to develop a zimlet as an interface to their timesheet product.
What each of us could do to make this feature been developped is to do the same with each of the FOSS timesheet solutions find around, in order that the communities of those projects really feel the interest they may have to develop this zimlet.
So, I'm gonna write an email to this other timesheet product right now ! (thanks for the information Krabina ! :) )
krabina
Advanced member
Advanced member

Timesheet?

Postby krabina » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:57 am

good idea. I found two more:

openTimetool

Kimai

As they are both German speaking, I will write to them. Kimai is from the user interface the best and most modern I have seen so far. Other systems look kind of old fashioned (especially if you are used to Zimbra ;-), but it lacks some features others can offer.
- Bernhard
krabina
Advanced member
Advanced member

Timesheet?

Postby krabina » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:17 am

by the way: everyone who is interested in such a feature should describe what he/she would expect form such a zimlet.
Here we go:

- Calender entries with an option to book time in time management tool (alternative dropping calender entries over the zimlet)

- time tool knows users from GAL (has them as users there and can go there without 2nd login procedure)

- tasks in Zimbra can be submitted to timetool (or the other way around?)

jholder
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Timesheet?

Postby jholder » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:48 am

Zimbra supports Spreadsheets. Why not create one and share it out?
osarrat

Timesheet?

Postby osarrat » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:23 am

This spreadsheet feature is great (I didn't know that Zimbra was able to do this ! :)), but it won't be enough in comparison with a real timesheet solution.

For example, there is no tab and no possibility to get data from another spreadsheet. So, it won't be possible to easily sum up the time spent by different people on the same project.

Return to “Developers”