Cleaning up store/index/db

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rodrigoccurvo

Postby rodrigoccurvo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:43 am

Hi,
I noticed that when I delete an user (usually with zmprov), his store/index/db isn't deleted (at least not right away). How do I clean up those things, making everything related to a deleted user goes away?
PS: is there a description of what each script in /opt/zimbra/bin does?
Rodrigo

14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby 14319KevinH » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:22 pm

Some of the admin commands are explained in the admin guide. They all should have usage info. If you've got particular quiestions we can anwser them for you.
rodrigoccurvo

Postby rodrigoccurvo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:53 pm

I want to know how to clean up the store/index/db for the deleted accounts. I saw the zmpurgemessages and the zmmaintaintables, does one of these do what I want?
rodrigoccurvo

Postby rodrigoccurvo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:55 pm

[quote user="rodrigoccurvo"]I want to know how to clean up the store/index/db for the deleted accounts. I saw the zmpurgemessages and the zmmaintaintables, does one of these do what I want?[/QUOTE]
I tried to run both, and with both I got something like this:

SOAP request failed: code=500, error=SSL read timeout:

Can't call method "to_string" on an undefined value at ./zmmaintaintables line 77.

dkarp
Elite member
Elite member

Postby dkarp » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:50 pm

[quote user="rodrigoccurvo"]I noticed that when I delete an user (usually with zmprov), his store/index/db isn't deleted (at least not right away). How do I clean up those things, making everything related to a deleted user goes away?[/QUOTE]When you delete a user with the admin console, is their store/index/db cleaned up properly?
rodrigoccurvo

Postby rodrigoccurvo » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:10 am

[quote user="dkarp"]When you delete a user with the admin console, is their store/index/db cleaned up properly?[/QUOTE]
Yes. The dirs of index/store are still there, but the contents are gone. The database is gone too. Is there a way to make it work with zmprov? I have to manage tons of accounts at the same time, can't do it by hand...
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby 14319KevinH » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:02 am

[quote user="rodrigoccurvo"]Yes. The dirs of index/store are still there, but the contents are gone. The database is gone too. Is there a way to make it work with zmprov? I have to manage tons of accounts at the same time, can't do it by hand...[/QUOTE]
We have an open bug to make zmprov use the SOAP api's. This will fix the issue your seeing.
stwendl

Postby stwendl » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Getting this error
[zimbra@smtp1 ~]$ libexec/zmmaintaintables

Received SOAP fault: no such account: 5a722116-0ce4-41ba-bd67-fb5c2cfb075f

Can't call method "to_string" on an undefined value at libexec/zmmaintaintables line 74.
looking at the date of this thread I would have assumed this was fixed at some time

Return to “Administrators”