Thread: Does the new ZCA work on Citrix XenServer

Default Does the new ZCA work on Citrix XenServer

Hi All,

Before I ask the question, let me apologize to VMW, yes I know you have geared ZCA to VMW, but, I have shovel loads of full blown Citrix boxes, and I do not know (or have even seen a crosgrade offer for citrix > VMW), so sorry

OK, so now the question, have Citrix XEN Essential servers, from what I read and could be wrong, I am assuming ZCA will only work on VMW?

The ZCA is the best suit for us, we only have 8 bods and this will be for internal use, rather than a service, the full blown ZCS with mobile and archiving is just not economical for under 25 users. (yes I know archiving is not in ZCA, but, at least mobile is )

ZIM will you add archiving as an option to ZCA, that or, will you make a smaller ZCS for 10 users with all the bells and whistles?

Thanks,
    Chris

As far as I know, ZCA is made for VMware (vSphere)...
    It includes several VMware-only features.

If you want to use XenServer (or any other virtualization solution), you have to make you own appliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post
    As far as I know, ZCA is made for VMware (vSphere)...
    It includes several VMware-only features.

If you want to use XenServer (or any other virtualization solution), you have to make you own appliance.
    Hmm thought as much, just a shame they do not do a 10 user license that can be installed in the same manner and support the same products, ie. mobile devices.

Sorry no Xen, but if you look at http://buy.zimbra.com you'll be pleasantly surprised to fine a 10 user license.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Sorry no Xen, but if you look at http://buy.zimbra.com you'll be pleasantly surprised to fine a 10 user license.
    A free one at that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Brian, it could be me (and I am grateful for your reply) but, the ZCS is either 15/25 not 10.

I do not mind paying for a 10 user appliance if it were to support xen or some other virtulization rather than just vmware (or am I missing something)?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    A free one at that.
    Hey Bill, the free is one is the reason I started this conversation it is vmw only unless I am mistaken.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by netearth View Post
    Hey Bill, the free is one is the reason I started this conversation it is vmw only unless I am mistaken.
    Yes that's correct, the Appliance is VMware only with the 10 User free licence.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Yes that's correct, the Appliance is VMware only with the 10 User free licence.
    So I thought, ok, lets pop along to VMWare and see what or whom they suggest as good tier 1 providers, there were 4 on the page, 2 I had never heard of Tata and someone else, filled out the tata form, and am still waiting for a response. Went to the other one i thought "in for a penny in for a pound" to test, their site just doesnt load.

So at that point, gave up as stumped, if the 4 companies that VMware suggest, 2 of which are not know by me, and 2 of which 1 (defo) cant be a*sed to reply to get the money from me (the cloud VMW site was giving away free 30 day trial which is what i went for) then it doesnt hold up much hope.

The 25 user is just too much for someone whom has 8 "b*tt*ms" on seats and a total waste.

I can see why they did it, to sell more VMW seats basically, but, I cant put my business with anything except a tier 1 provider.

Any thoughts of a decent and 100% uptime tier 1 provider?