Thread: Email was trimmed in Android 4.x when reply email

Default Email was trimmed in Android 4.x when reply email

Dear all

I encountered a strange case and would like to see anyone experienced before.

I am using Samsung Galaxy SIII - Android version 4.1.2 and using ActiveSync with Zimbra version 7.0. When I reply a email, the original message was trimmed and the receipient can only see text that I just reply. But I tried to connect to Exchange for test, and it has no problem.

Moreover, when I reply or new a email, it just show the username part of the email address as the sender name (For example my email is alex@abc.com then it just how alex in sender). But when I tried to connect to Exchange for test, and it can show my full name configured in the zimbra correctly.

Best regards

Alex Tsang

This is (or was) a known bug - meaning that emails that were replied-to or forwarded from mobile devices (via Activesync) lost the 'original email' parts of the message.

This is a bug Bug 70573 – SmartReply does not include original message for text/html part which has been resolved or partially resolved in Zimbra 8.0.2 and Zimbra 7.2.2 - some users are still reporting issues (particularly those using Android).

There is also another (duplicate) bug opened for the same issue in relation to forwarding (rather than replying): Bug 80984 – Forward on Androids does not include original message for text/html part

Please try with a more recent version of Zimbra, and post any specific comments on those bugs if the problem continues (and here to).