Hybrid View

Default Zimlets Webinar: July 24th

Zimlets: Using Mash-Ups to Re-invent Your Workflow
    ------------------
    July 24, 2007
    8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PDT (-7 GMT)

Register Now!
    ------------------
    Zimbra Collaboration Suite features a unique technology called "Zimlets." They allow administrators to embed "mash-ups" directly in UI that integrate data from other applications using web services. Zimlets let end-users view Yahoo maps, use Google translator, or access their CRM without leaving ZCS.

In this free webinar you will learn how:
    + Zimlets greatly streamline and improve on the traditional messaging and collaboration experience
    + What types of Zimlets are available to your organization and how you can easily adopt them to your organization's needs
    + The basic Zimlet architecture and how you can quickly get started creating Zimlets.

Presented by Kevin Henrikson and Viral Kadakia of Zimbra.

Default Use something that actually supports Linux

I signed up for this meeting and it only listed M$ and Mac for requirements and complained that my Ubuntu box did not meet the requirements.
    Zimbra, have you been sleeping with the enemy? Tell me it aint so!!

Quote Originally Posted by dagar View Post
    I signed up for this meeting and it only listed M$ and Mac for requirements and complained that my Ubuntu box did not meet the requirements.
    Zimbra, have you been sleeping with the enemy? Tell me it aint so!!
    Well, definitely not sleeping with the enemy and we did not intentionally shut out our friends on Linux desktops, sorry.

We have experienced hiccups with various vendors out there and are trying a new one this time around that provides better features and value. In this case, however, it appears the other vendors have recently stepped ahead with their Linux support.

Am open to suggestions on which webinar services people think are best

For this go around, I would propose we can make the preso available before the session to you and you can still dial in. Hopefully that will give you some value (and if not we will be recording the webinar as well).

Do-able?

Default Making presentation available beforehand is good

If you are able to send me the presentation beforehand, I would think that to be good for now.
    I am not sure if you are planning on doing a step by step howto or not. That is what I missed from earlier webinars that Zimbra has put on. I could see the slides fine, but when there was the shared desktop, it showed up real weird.
    Thanks

Default Presentation?

It is 1/2 hour before the webinar and I have not gotten the presentation. Can you please send it to me?
    Thanks

Default preso materials

Here is the presentation of the Zimlet webinar from today:

http://files.zimbra.com/website/ziml..._july_2007.pdf
    Last edited by GregA; 07-24-2007 at 11:41 AM.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Hi

Thanks for an interesting presentation. Inspired me to have a look at zimlets sometime!

Couple of observations on the webinar itself:

1) No Linux! Although worked well through my corporate firewall which was great.

2) No Sound! Had to dial a seperate phone number for audio, hope it doesn't get picked up on audit.

3) Invite didn't work for zimbra calendar! Only worked in outlook.

Apart from that, great job, very interesting. Chat was good as it allowed us a bit of interaction and questions.

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2 View Post
    Hi

Thanks for an interesting presentation. Inspired me to have a look at zimlets sometime!

Couple of observations on the webinar itself:

1) No Linux! Although worked well through my corporate firewall which was great.

2) No Sound! Had to dial a seperate phone number for audio, hope it doesn't get picked up on audit.

3) Invite didn't work for zimbra calendar! Only worked in outlook.

Apart from that, great job, very interesting. Chat was good as it allowed us a bit of interaction and questions.
    Thanks for the feedback-- glad you like the subject matter.

As for some of the downsides, sorry to hear you had issues; I would love to know what webinar tools you have found most preferable to use that had Linux support.

We have been using a separate audio bridge service because they have the best international toll free support we've seen so far; it's true there's a little more work but that way we know people are not being totally shut out.

I think for saving to the calendar, we don't control what the vendor chooses to support (but we can certainly as them to add Zimbra links!!) I believe if you save that to Outlook it will appear in Zimbra if you are running the Outlook connector.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Hi Greg

That was the first webinar i've taken part in, so don't have anything to compare it too! The citrix tech worked great for me at a work computer, I personally don't have windows at home so would have been a problem but I'm sure most people do. The local phone numbers were great, I just thought it was odd audio couldn't be delivered over the net?

Anyway, we were asked to give some feedback so just giving my thoughts, don't want to sound negative it was a great presentation.