Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ZCS NE 5.0.1 Blackberry support

Quote Originally Posted by davidfsmith View Post
    So you've gone through enterprise activation with the device ? (I do it will the BB plugged into the server and assign the device, seems to work better)

Had no issues with an activated device not then working.
    Yea I tried both ways, the Enterprise way never completes, and connecting it to the server works, and it syncs everything, but no updates either way once I unplug it.

Did you verify you have BES service enabled on the data plan for the phone (from your wireless carrier)?
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Yes I can view that online as a Blackberry data plan. When I do the enterprise sync it generates that weird email and the bes server takes it out of my inbox, so there must be some communication going on.

Quote Originally Posted by knabe View Post
    Yes I can view that online as a Blackberry data plan. When I do the enterprise sync it generates that weird email and the bes server takes it out of my inbox, so there must be some communication going on.
    you should probably open up a support incident and you can post your zcb and bes logs.

so i was getting the same error as you on a dev environment that i was setting up a couple of nights ago. this machine was part of a local workgroup and not a windows domain...this shouldn't matter but at the same time, i've never done this before. all my previous machines had been a part of a windows domain with a valid domain controller, etc....
    i got this up and running and got a device to activate and i'm seeing real time updates. there was one glitch though. when i rebooted the machine, i got an error that a service did not start. i looked at my list of BES services and i noticed that the dispatcher was not started (even though it was set to automatically start). i started that service and then performed my device activation. its still running and my device looks good.

so i manually stopped the dispatcher and i stopped receiving messages. left it like that for 10 minutes. when i restarted the dispatcher, i started getting my email again.

just something that you might want to look into.

--tony

My server is win2k3 and is not registered in any domain. It's been working fine since late Monday.

John

I'm having an issue, as in the docs are a little short on setup information.

I'm currently at step 3, installing BES. The install is almost complete, but it is now asking me for a host for my Exchange server. Do I simply specify localhost? Should I point it at the Zimbra server? (seems unlikely...)

Just looking for some clarification here, so that I won't have to go through some labourious reinstall process later. To be honest, there could be a little more clarification in the beta install doc...

Anyhow, should I just exit this config dialog?

Its asking for this to create the BlackBerryServer and BlackBerryManager MAPI profiles. Give it anything that will make it happy. You will delete what it creates and replace them with Zimbra MAPI profiles.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Back again with a new issue.

I've installed everything, as far as I can see. I've added the user to the BES, and the user has received an activation password. When I try to activate the account via the Blackberry, an email is sent to the mail address. However, the BES never seems to get this email. It just sits in Zimbra, and the BES never seems to realise it is there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bbarnett View Post
    Back again with a new issue.

I've installed everything, as far as I can see. I've added the user to the BES, and the user has received an activation password. When I try to activate the account via the Blackberry, an email is sent to the mail address. However, the BES never seems to get this email. It just sits in Zimbra, and the BES never seems to realise it is there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    I found that if I added the user to the server, give it 20 minutes, and then assign the device by plugging the BB into the server the activation seems to work fine, trying to do the whole thing OTA seemed to end up with failures about 50% of the time.
    Last edited by davidfsmith; 02-07-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added vital "to the server"

Quote Originally Posted by davidfsmith View Post
    I found that if I added the user to the server, give it 20 minutes, and then assign the device by plugging the BB into the server the activation seems to work fine, trying to do the whole thing OTA seemed to end up with failures about 50% of the time.

see this bug:

Bug 20668 - BB: Enterprise Activation may not work on the first try

normally, resetting the activation password and retrying is good enough.
    but you should double check with the carrier that they have the BES level of service on that device. we've had problems with a particular carrier telling you one thing but a second call actually resolves the problem.