Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ZCS NE 5.0.1 Blackberry support

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    see this bug:

Bug 20668 - BB: Enterprise Activation may not work on the first try

normally, resetting the activation password and retrying is good enough.
    but you should double check with the carrier that they have the BES level of service on that device. we've had problems with a particular carrier telling you one thing but a second call actually resolves the problem.
    Hmm. Well, I seem to be having trouble getting my first device activated. I've tried OTA activation, and I have deleted and readded the user and tried more than once.

I've also tried using USB to activate the device on the server, but I always get "This user is not yet known to the blackberry agent" (see attached). It doesn't matter if I wait overnight, or 20 minutes, the message is the same...

Ideas? ;(
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bbarnett View Post
    Hmm. Well, I seem to be having trouble getting my first device activated. I've tried OTA activation, and I have deleted and readded the user and tried more than once.

I've also tried using USB to activate the device on the server, but I always get "This user is not yet known to the blackberry agent" (see attached). It doesn't matter if I wait overnight, or 20 minutes, the message is the same...

Ideas? ;(
    i'm unsure of the errors that you are having trying to provision USB because we only officially support OTA provisioning. it seem that some people have gotten USB provisioning to work.

i think that at this point, you need to double check with your carrier that this device has the right level of service. can you also send me the agent logs for when you are trying to provision this device for an OTA provision? if you are getting that activation email, the agent logs should be indicating what is going wrong.

Go into control panel - admin tools - services and make sure all the blackberry services are started and running too.

John

Ok, sorry guys. For some reason I had only created one of the 'mail' accounts. The way the PDF was cut up, on my machine, led to me missing the "repeat this for the other account" line.

My mistake. Once that was in there, all went well. I seem to be syncing without issue at this point.

Thanks!

Default BB activation message received but no activation

Hi,

I'm having similar issues with activating my first BB.

• I receive the activation email from the BlackBerry cloud and it is properly formed.

• I created both the mail accounts, BlackBerryManager and BlackBerryServer, as specified in the setup documents. However, I'm not quite sure which one of the accounts is supposed to be set as "default."

• All my BB services are starting up on boot and running fine (as far as I can tell).

• I had the user call AT&T Mobility to add the BES service to his account. AT&T says it has been activated.

• Based on the BlackBerry Knowledge Base, I deleted my user and tried to set up the user again. Stupid me ... shouldn't have done that! Now my BB server says I only have one license and it can't create another user without me getting another license. I know this point is unrelated to Zimbra, but does anyone know if I need to wait until the provisioning time (48 hours) runs out, until I can re-provision the user?

Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mlanner View Post
    • Based on the BlackBerry Knowledge Base, I deleted my user and tried to set up the user again. Stupid me ... shouldn't have done that! Now my BB server says I only have one license and it can't create another user without me getting another license. I know this point is unrelated to Zimbra, but does anyone know if I need to wait until the provisioning time (48 hours) runs out, until I can re-provision the user?
    I did that ;-) BES support isn't that helpful, I un-installed BES, deleted the DB and started form scratch...

Add the user in BES, wait 10-15 minutes before assigning / registering the device, I now have 8 devices on the system, and am about to roll out to 80 users...

Default more info?

Hi,

I'm having similar issues with activating my first BB.

• I receive the activation email from the BlackBerry cloud and it is properly formed.

• I created both the mail accounts, BlackBerryManager and BlackBerryServer, as specified in the setup documents. However, I'm not quite sure which one of the accounts is supposed to be set as "default."

• All my BB services are starting up on boot and running fine (as far as I can tell).

• I had the user call AT&T Mobility to add the BES service to his account. AT&T says it has been activated.

Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

i followed what you were doing until you said that you deleted your user and tried to set up the user again? where in the steps was this user originally provisioned? on thing that you may be seeing is that when you delete a user, that user isn't completely gone until their mailbox data is purged by BES. if you are using a full BES or the older BES Express, you could see a tab in the manager listing users that are "pending delete" and you could force the purge. in BES professional express, they do not have this in the UI anymore and when a user is actually deleted is not as obvious. until that user is completely deleted from the system, you will not be able to provision another user if you only have a single device license and you will not be able to provsion that user again (because they are officially not out of the system yet). i've found myself in a situation where the user was pending delete but it didn't seem to get purged. in that case, i actually downloaded a free ms sql query browser and deleted the row for that user in the user config database and i was able to move forward.

you are right, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the zimbra portion of things but it would be nice to know exactly what you were doing.

thanks
    --tony

David & Tony,

Thanks for quick replies.

Tony: Ehrm ... I didn't outline the things I had done in the order they happened, but more in the order of (perceived) importance to me. Sorry. I'm using BES Professional Express. Like you said, there's nowhere for me to *actually* purge the user. Seems like a strange setup to me. I guess I'll have to try to do what you suggested and actually purge the record manually. I really don't like to have to do that kind of stuff.

Everything was setup according to the BES Connector for Zimbra guide, MAPI client, Outlook, BES, Zimbra. I have no reason to believe that the installation went wrong. Everything seemed fine. No complaints or error messages.

I then went ahead and created a BB account in BES, which populated its users from GAL. So far, so good.

The user got the activation email with the setup password. He called AT&T to provision BES on his phone. They said it was done.

We then ran the Enterprise Activation wizard on this phone to provision OTA. It just sits there forever.

Going back into his Zimbra account, he gets the activation emails from the BlackBerry cloud. But BES doesn't appear to pick them up and start the sync process with his BB.

So, I think I have it narrowed down to three potential issues:

1) I have the wrong mail profile assigned as "default" on the Win2003 Server. Based on the setup instructions, I have two profiles configured, BB Manager and BB Server. Which one should be set as the default wasn't clearly noted in the BES Connector for Zimbra guide (I think). Could you let me know?
    2) AT&T is telling us BES service is activated on his phone, but it's really not.
    3) Although everything looks OK on the BB server, it's really not.

As for me deleting the BB user I had created, that was just because I read in RIM's troubleshooting guide to try to delete and re-provision. Like I said, I shouldn't have done that ... well ...

David & Tony,

Thanks for quick replies.

Tony: Ehrm ... I didn't outline the things I had done in the order they happened, but more in the order of (perceived) importance to me. Sorry. I'm using BES Professional Express. Like you said, there's nowhere for me to *actually* purge the user. Seems like a strange setup to me. I guess I'll have to try to do what you suggested and actually purge the record manually. I really don't like to have to do that kind of stuff.

Everything was setup according to the BES Connector for Zimbra guide, MAPI client, Outlook, BES, Zimbra. I have no reason to believe that the installation went wrong. Everything seemed fine. No complaints or error messages.

I then went ahead and created a BB account in BES, which populated its users from GAL. So far, so good.

The user got the activation email with the setup password. He called AT&T to provision BES on his phone. They said it was done.

We then ran the Enterprise Activation wizard on this phone to provision OTA. It just sits there forever.

Going back into his Zimbra account, he gets the activation emails from the BlackBerry cloud. But BES doesn't appear to pick them up and start the sync process with his BB.

So, I think I have it narrowed down to three potential issues:

1) I have the wrong mail profile assigned as "default" on the Win2003 Server. Based on the setup instructions, I have two profiles configured, BB Manager and BB Server. Which one should be set as the default wasn't clearly noted in the BES Connector for Zimbra guide (I think). Could you let me know?
    2) AT&T is telling us BES service is activated on his phone, but it's really not.
    3) Although everything looks OK on the BB server, it's really not.

As for me deleting the BB user I had created, that was just because I read in RIM's troubleshooting guide to try to delete and re-provision. Like I said, I shouldn't have done that ... well ...
    i don't think that the problem is 1)
    i've seen 2) before (the person even called a couple of times).
    it could also be 3) but to figure that out i would need some logs from you. the most important would be the blackberry agent logs. its possible that there is some issue where, even though the user is activated in the BES manager, their user isn't "working" in BES and the logs would tell us that.

let me know if you need help gathering these logs.

--Tony

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    see this bug:

Bug 20668 - BB: Enterprise Activation may not work on the first try

normally, resetting the activation password and retrying is good enough.
    but you should double check with the carrier that they have the BES level of service on that device. we've had problems with a particular carrier telling you one thing but a second call actually resolves the problem.

I was sending emails to support.. should've checked this forum first. The OTA does not seem to work at all... tried since last night, reviewed logs, reinstalled OS & applications, nothing! OTA simply did not work at all. Then I saw this posting & plugged in the device and it worked! Per ZCB documentation, it says "the BES Activation is currently supported for OTA only" and this should be removed as it would have saved me about 24 hours on pulling the hair out...