Thread: ZCS NE 5.0.1 Blackberry support

Hybrid View

Default ZCS NE 5.0.1 Blackberry support

It seems that I'm not able to find a good guide to get Zimbra working with blackberry devices. At this point we have nothing of our own for our blackberry devices. Our provider provides us with the blackberry functionalities.

We would like to change this to a solution of our own. The only server we have at the moment is the Zimbra server. What should I do or get to fully support the blackbery devices?

The steps are mentioned in this post:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-...tart-here.html

Once you sign up for the beta, you can download the docs and see the requirements and setup procedure.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

I saw that post and subscribed. Two things that I noticed.

1. This is a beta? This implies there is no solution for a production server?
    2. I still need a BES server? And it seems I need a Windows server to run this?

Quote Originally Posted by bramm View Post
    1. This is a beta? This implies there is no solution for a production server?
    Yes this is a beta. Yes, there is no solution for a production server yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bramm View Post
    2. I still need a BES server? And it seems I need a Windows server to run this?
    Yes you need a BES server. You will need to meet the minimum requirements for BES for Exchange, which includes a windows machine.
    Sam Khavari

:: :: [ Zimbra ] :: :: [ Bugzilla ] :: :: [ Product Portal ] :: :: [ Wiki ] :: :: [ Downloads ] :: :: [ . ] ::

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Yes this is a beta. Yes, there is no solution for a production server yet.

Yes you need a BES server. You will need to meet the minimum requirements for BES for Exchange, which includes a windows machine.
    I've got it running now on 3 devices, and while not perfect it is better than people using email redirect either via the internet or their desktop.

The bits missing are:

1) Ability to push multiple calendars to the device (you can't select which folders to send to the device through BES as it can't read the folders through the Zimbra MAPI profile)
    2) Remove the feeling of clunkiness with the install process, I've got it working but it wasn't easy - it would be nice if BES and the ZCB connector played nicer together, although I suspect this will require changes on both BES and ZCB
    3) Providers - when you tell them you installed and setup the server yourself, but have a simple question to ask, don't run for the hills (UK Vodafone!)

All good so far for the test users though, am now looking to roll out to 120 users in the next two months.

Glad to hear its up and running.

1. What exactly are you referring to wrt folders? Folder redirection should work. Can you list exactly the steps you are taking?

2. We are aware the install isn't perfect. Can you specify what exactly felt clunky? We certainly want it to feel robust.

3. No comment :-)
    Sam Khavari