Thread: Calendar no longer works

Default Calendar no longer works

Morning all,

Looks like I might have hit against bug 21242 with my BES as my Calendars are no longer syncing between my BB and my account on the server.

I removed the user / device and have re-activated it in the hopes that would sort it but no dice....

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by davidfsmith View Post
    Morning all,

Looks like I might have hit against bug 21242 with my BES as my Calendars are no longer syncing between my BB and my account on the server.

I removed the user / device and have re-activated it in the hopes that would sort it but no dice....

Any suggestions?
    there are a couple of reasons why this might happen. it might be a shutdown problem with CalHelper or a GIT (global interface table) problem that we see every once in a while. either way a clean shut down and restart of BES resolves this problem. can you contact support or private message me and we can start the processing of looking at your BES logs to figure out what went wrong.

Looks like restarting BES might have solved the issue...

Anyway to force a resend of all the data to the device ?

Quote Originally Posted by davidfsmith View Post
    Looks like restarting BES might have solved the issue...

Anyway to force a resend of all the data to the device ?

you might want to reprovision the user to make sure all the data is up to date now that the server is working properly.
    another thing you can do is modify the appts on the server and this will force a resync of the appt objects.

i'm going to start working on a wiki page with a FAQ for ZCB common problems and work arounds. this should be up in the next couple of days.

Default Support?

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    you might want to reprovision the user to make sure all the data is up to date now that the server is working properly.
    another thing you can do is modify the appts on the server and this will force a resync of the appt objects.

i'm going to start working on a wiki page with a FAQ for ZCB common problems and work arounds. this should be up in the next couple of days.
    Hi,

I wanted to follow up and ask that you please contact support with the ZCB and the BES agent logs for when you had this problem. This will help us identify exactly what happened to you so we can try to make the proper adjustments in the product. both sets of logs have the dates in the filename so please contact support and send the ones that correspond with when you were having the problem with BES.

thanks
    --tony

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post

Removed the user, re-added seems to be working now.

Also restarted the service.