Thread: Task synchronization

Hybrid View

Default Task synchronization

Does ZCB sync tasks as well? When I setup my BB initially the COS for tasks was disabled. I've since enabled it and do not see any tasks syncing.

I'm thinking I may have to remove the user, stop BES, delete/recreate the mapi accounts, and re-add/activate the user.

Will this work or is there an easier way?

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jkoyle View Post
    Does ZCB sync tasks as well? When I setup my BB initially the COS for tasks was disabled. I've since enabled it and do not see any tasks syncing.

I'm thinking I may have to remove the user, stop BES, delete/recreate the mapi accounts, and re-add/activate the user.

Will this work or is there an easier way?

Thanks,
    John
    hmm...i've never done that before. we normally have tasks sync turned on and have never gone from the no-tasks state to enable-tasks state. from viewing it from a technical standpoint, i don't see why it wouldn't work. could be a BES issue.

since we are utilizing BES for our BlackBerry solution, it is possible that we'll run into BES bugs (their software can't be perfect can it?). so if we don't answer quick enough, you could search in their knowledge base for a work around. i'll do exactly that and post something if i find it.

another thing that you can do is search the BES agent logs for "CDO Helper" and see if there are any errors with it shutting down (needing termination).

if there is a problem with CalHelper (CDO Helper), then there could be issues gettings your tasks over to BES. but i feel like this is a bit of a stretch for the problem that you are describing.

thanks
    --tony

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    hmm...i've never done that before. we normally have tasks sync turned on and have never gone from the no-tasks state to enable-tasks state. from viewing it from a technical standpoint, i don't see why it wouldn't work. could be a BES issue.

since we are utilizing BES for our BlackBerry solution, it is possible that we'll run into BES bugs (their software can't be perfect can it?). so if we don't answer quick enough, you could search in their knowledge base for a work around. i'll do exactly that and post something if i find it.

another thing that you can do is search the BES agent logs for "CDO Helper" and see if there are any errors with it shutting down (needing termination).

if there is a problem with CalHelper (CDO Helper), then there could be issues gettings your tasks over to BES. but i feel like this is a bit of a stretch for the problem that you are describing.

thanks
    --tony

check these out:

BlackBerry Search Results

unforunately the Desktop Manager is not supported right now.

BlackBerry Search Results

deleting and re-adding the user with the IT Policy set up correctly should fix the problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post

thanks
    --tony

i may have misread your original post. if you are talking about the ZCS COS, that only impacts the web client and not ZCB. i thought that you were talking about the BES IT Policy.

if this is the case, then we probably need to take a look at your zcb logs and your agent logs to figure out what is going on.

Ah

Well, I've already wiped the handheld and deleted/added the user. I'll reactivate the device and once complete turn some logging on. Where should I upload the files to?

John

Quote Originally Posted by jkoyle View Post
    Ah

Well, I've already wiped the handheld and deleted/added the user. I'll reactivate the device and once complete turn some logging on. Where should I upload the files to?

John
    it would actually be nice if we had the logs through the point where you add the user to the device activation. we have a local cache (like ZCO with Outlook) of the PIM data and this cache is populated upon adding a user to BES. tasks long with other data is populated at this time.

once you get the logs (both ZCB and agent logs), then either open a support ticket or file a bug and attach the logs (if you feel comfortable with this).
    or you can private message me and we can figure something out.

thanks
    --tony

Activation is hanging on the waiting for services step. I've tried activating a few times now and it's not getting much past there. I'll zip up the logs, create a support request and email you the ticket number.

Thanks,
    John