Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: calendar syncing stopped for one user

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    7

    Default calendar syncing stopped for one user

    Hi:

    I have a user that reported that calendar syncing stopped (he says he's still getting mail) on his blackberry.

    He created 2 appointments in the zimbra web client and one on his handheld. None are showing up in the other place.

    The mailbox.log shows ZCB picking up the items:

    Code:
    2008-02-05 13:18:03,675 INFO  [btpool0-402] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.204.135;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF2.0 (Win)/5.0.0_GA_1869.RHEL5;] CreateCalendarItem - <CreateCalendarItem folder=10> LC(mbox=deca4830-fbaf-4081-b07d-ef31791646fb, sessions=16832)
    2008-02-05 13:18:04,465 INFO  [btpool0-396] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;aname=uit013@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.9.18;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2428;] GetCalendarItem - <GetCalendarItem id=5566> LC(mbox=4d883e30-c081-4f2a-8662-ffd038de3377)
    2008-02-05 13:19:25,004 INFO  [btpool0-396] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;aname=uit013@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.9.18;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2428;] GetCalendarItem - <GetCalendarItem id=5566> LC(mbox=4d883e30-c081-4f2a-8662-ffd038de3377)
    2008-02-05 13:20:09,121 INFO  [btpool0-402] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.204.135;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF2.0 (Win)/5.0.0_GA_1869.RHEL5;] CreateCalendarItem - <CreateCalendarItem folder=10> LC(mbox=deca4830-fbaf-4081-b07d-ef31791646fb, sessions=16832)
    2008-02-05 13:20:12,457 INFO  [btpool0-402] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;aname=uit013@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.9.18;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2428;] GetCalendarItem - <GetCalendarItem id=5569> LC(mbox=4d883e30-c081-4f2a-8662-ffd038de3377)

    What's my next step for troubleshooting?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
    Hi:

    I have a user that reported that calendar syncing stopped (he says he's still getting mail) on his blackberry.

    He created 2 appointments in the zimbra web client and one on his handheld. None are showing up in the other place.

    The mailbox.log shows ZCB picking up the items:

    Code:
    2008-02-05 13:18:03,675 INFO  [btpool0-402] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.204.135;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF2.0 (Win)/5.0.0_GA_1869.RHEL5;] CreateCalendarItem - <CreateCalendarItem folder=10> LC(mbox=deca4830-fbaf-4081-b07d-ef31791646fb, sessions=16832)
    2008-02-05 13:18:04,465 INFO  [btpool0-396] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;aname=uit013@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.9.18;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2428;] GetCalendarItem - <GetCalendarItem id=5566> LC(mbox=4d883e30-c081-4f2a-8662-ffd038de3377)
    2008-02-05 13:19:25,004 INFO  [btpool0-396] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;aname=uit013@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.9.18;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2428;] GetCalendarItem - <GetCalendarItem id=5566> LC(mbox=4d883e30-c081-4f2a-8662-ffd038de3377)
    2008-02-05 13:20:09,121 INFO  [btpool0-402] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.204.135;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF2.0 (Win)/5.0.0_GA_1869.RHEL5;] CreateCalendarItem - <CreateCalendarItem folder=10> LC(mbox=deca4830-fbaf-4081-b07d-ef31791646fb, sessions=16832)
    2008-02-05 13:20:12,457 INFO  [btpool0-402] [name=jrober08@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;aname=uit013@zstore.usg.tufts.edu;mid=8;ip=130.64.9.18;ua=ZimbraConnectorForBES/5.0.2428;] GetCalendarItem - <GetCalendarItem id=5569> LC(mbox=4d883e30-c081-4f2a-8662-ffd038de3377)

    What's my next step for troubleshooting?
    this is a known problem:

    Bug 21242 - BB: Appointments don't show up

    please restart your BlackBerry Controller service and the user will start getting new appts on their device.
    this problem normally happens if BES starts getting RPC or Maintenance Mode errors from the server. so until this bug is fixed, you might want to bounce this service whenever the server gets in this state.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    i just sent a test message to him, and then replied to it hoping that might trigger the calendar sync, but that didn't help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    this is a known problem:

    Bug 21242 - BB: Appointments don't show up

    please restart your BlackBerry Controller service and the user will start getting new appts on their device.
    this problem normally happens if BES starts getting RPC or Maintenance Mode errors from the server. so until this bug is fixed, you might want to bounce this service whenever the server gets in this state.
    Thanks. I'll see if I can get the service restarted. Any idea on a timeline for this fix?

    -j

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
    Thanks. I'll see if I can get the service restarted. Any idea on a timeline for this fix?

    -j
    this fix will probably come out in 5.0.3 since we missed the 5.0.2 train.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I restarted the blackberry controller service, and the user in question is still not getting calendar changes.

    Mine's working just fine, though.

    Where should I look next?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
    I restarted the blackberry controller service, and the user in question is still not getting calendar changes.

    Mine's working just fine, though.

    Where should I look next?
    are you talking about new appts or the old appts that should be there and still aren't there. the GIT problem that was outlined in the bug is bad because when that problem situation arises, calendar events are not sent to your device. when you restart BES and that problem goes away, you will still not get the old appts from when the problem was occuring but you should get new appts.

    if they are having problesm with new appts but the user is still getting mail and you are getting new appts...then this is something that i've not seen before. please enable ZCB logging (fully with all options selected), and try the tests and then forward the logs along with the agent logs to support and we can take a look at what is going on.

    in the meantime, you could try to delete/add the user to BES and have them reprovision their device. this brute force fix will trump most problems that you are seeing for this user.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  2. Post instsallation problems
    By Assaf in forum Installation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
  3. Getting problems in FC4 while instalation
    By kitty_bhoo in forum Installation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 10:34 PM
  4. Services stopped working
    By lilwong in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:19 AM
  5. Fedora Core 3, Clean Install - Not working!
    By pcjackson in forum Installation
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •