Thread: Getting past MAPI profile in BES installer?

cash@tcho.com Guest

Default Getting past MAPI profile in BES installer?

BES makes you create a MAPI profile during installation, and if I cancel it it won't let me go any further without creating a MAPI profile. How have people been getting around this?

thanks,
    cash

BES 4.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by cash@tcho.com View Post
    BES makes you create a MAPI profile during installation, and if I cancel it it won't let me go any further without creating a MAPI profile. How have people been getting around this?

thanks,
    cash

BES 4.1.4
    unfortunately, this is one of the things that assumes that you are working against an exchange server. you can just enter any text and hit OK. after BES finishes installing, you'll be deleting the mail profiles and adding your own anyways.

I'm having this same issue installing BES, hitting ok jsut gives me the error message:

The (BlackberryServer) profile is invalid due to missing or invalid property tags. Ensure the specified profile information is valid and unique.

Clicking OK on this brings another message:

The MAPI subsystem cannot be correctly initialized and used. Please make sure MAPI is installed and configured properly.

Clicking OK on this does not allow me to continue on to the next step. How do I get past this?

Is it possible that you are installing BES 5.0(not supported yet) instead of BES 4.1.6?

Yes I am installing BES 5.0. I was able to get BES installed following the instructions by VTC. Now I'm working on linking the GAL.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-connector-blackberry/37400-support-new-bes-express-3.html