Thread: Odd GAL issue

Default Odd GAL issue

So Tuesday night, I got a frantic call from the CEO of one our customers. His blackberry took a dive (the JVM Error 102) so after reformatting the BB he was back online with his device. I had to delete his BES profile and re-add it. However, after I deleted the profile, I was unable to get the complete company GAL to show up and his name wasn't there. I bounced the controller process and tried again, no luck. I shutdown the controller process and opened Outlook, it had the complete GAL. So I bounced the BES vm, no luck.

I wound up editing his Zimbra account, went back to Blackberry Manager and still had a partial GAL list, but his name showed up.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith View Post
    So Tuesday night, I got a frantic call from the CEO of one our customers. His blackberry took a dive (the JVM Error 102) so after reformatting the BB he was back online with his device. I had to delete his BES profile and re-add it. However, after I deleted the profile, I was unable to get the complete company GAL to show up and his name wasn't there. I bounced the controller process and tried again, no luck. I shutdown the controller process and opened Outlook, it had the complete GAL. So I bounced the BES vm, no luck.

I wound up editing his Zimbra account, went back to Blackberry Manager and still had a partial GAL list, but his name showed up.

Any thoughts?
    i believe that there is an existing bug with the GAL losing contacts (forgive me for not having the bug number handy). one question that i have is that when you opened outlook, did you open the BlackBerryManager profile because this is the one that the BES Manager uses (BES agent uses the BlackBerryServer profile). its possible that the complete GAL could have been in the BlackBerryServer profile but not the BlackBerryManager profile.
    if that was the case, you could have refreshed the GAL from the send/receive menu option in Outlook.

Thanks for the quick reply (as always). I do not remember the Outlook Profile I opened Outlook under. I will need to double check that the next time I have access to the BES server. Thanks for the tip!