Thread: Can not RE-activate a blackberry handheld.

Default Can not RE-activate a blackberry handheld.

I activated a handheld and user set. I used the handheld for something else later and tried to re-activate it with Zimbra. The following error message showed up on the handheld

"An error occured. Please contact your System Administrator."

I attached my bes server log here.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kwang View Post
    I activated a handheld and user set. I used the handheld for something else later and tried to re-activate it with Zimbra. The following error message showed up on the handheld

"An error occured. Please contact your System Administrator."

I attached my bes server log here.

Thanks
    I don't know what you mean by "I used the handheld for something else later and tried to re-activate it with Zimbra" but you might want to try to delete the user from BES, readd them, assign a new activation password, wipe the device and go through enterprise activation again.

this is is the cleanest way.

I'm testing BES with both Exchange and Zimbra. I switched the cellphone back and forth between two BES servers. The Exchange one always works. The Zimbra one worked once already. I have deleted the use a few times and re-added it a few times on the Zimbra BES server. I also tried to reboot the Zimbra BES server. But the user still can not be re-activated.

Quote Originally Posted by kwang View Post
    I'm testing BES with both Exchange and Zimbra. I switched the cellphone back and forth between two BES servers. The Exchange one always works. The Zimbra one worked once already. I have deleted the use a few times and re-added it a few times on the Zimbra BES server. I also tried to reboot the Zimbra BES server. But the user still can not be re-activated.
    please gather all the log files surrounding the time where you tried to delete, readd and reactivate the user on the Zimbra BES solution and file an incident with support. i'm assuming that you did try to wipe the device at some point after pointing it at exchange? either way, please add that information to the support case.

I solved the problem myself by the following steps:

1) wipe out the handheld data(Options -> Security Options -> General Settings -> Menu -> Wipe Handheld)
    2) Delete the use in BES manager
    3) Stop BES services ( Controller, Router, Dispatcher, Synchronization, Policy)
    4) Run outlook as my Besadmin account, tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive All
    5) Run outlook as the user account, tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive All
    6) Restart the BES services
    7) Readd the user in BES manager
    8) Reset the user's activation password
    9) On handheld, Options -> Advanced Options -> Enterprise Activation to reactivate the user