Thread: cannot register blackberry

Hybrid View

Default cannot register blackberry

Brand-new setup, so I'm not sure where my error/problem lies. Followed the order here and all seemed to work ok. However, I cannot sucessfully run the Enterprise Activation on my phone (8700). Is one of two things, I'm guessing:

- this phone used be part of a BES server for GroupWise. I _think_ I was able to clear it using the BB Desktop software, but maybe there is a vestige left
    - something not quite right in the connection to our Zimbra server

I can see my name, I can see what looks like attempts, but the Ent. Activation errors out with a "contact your SysAdmin". Two possible error msgs. someting about OTAKEY and another indicating that Desktop sync is still somehow associated with the phone. Any help in deciphering the logs? And how/what to look for?'

Server is 5.0.6 NE, ZCO is ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.0_GA_1862_5.0.2428.msi

thanks,
    Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gnyce View Post
    Brand-new setup, so I'm not sure where my error/problem lies. Followed the order here and all seemed to work ok. However, I cannot sucessfully run the Enterprise Activation on my phone (8700). Is one of two things, I'm guessing:

- this phone used be part of a BES server for GroupWise. I _think_ I was able to clear it using the BB Desktop software, but maybe there is a vestige left
    - something not quite right in the connection to our Zimbra server

I can see my name, I can see what looks like attempts, but the Ent. Activation errors out with a "contact your SysAdmin". Two possible error msgs. someting about OTAKEY and another indicating that Desktop sync is still somehow associated with the phone. Any help in deciphering the logs? And how/what to look for?'

Server is 5.0.6 NE, ZCO is ZimbraBESConnector-5.0.0_GA_1862_5.0.2428.msi

thanks,
    Greg
    If this device was previously activated, then you'll need to wipe it before activating it against ZCB. On the device, go to Options|Security Options|General Settings. The hit the menu and select "Wipe Handheld".
    On the server side, make sure that you have assigned the user an activation password.
    When activating the device, use the exact email and password that is registered with BES.

I went ahead and did that, but got the same error message. So, I deleted the account in BES, re-created it on the BES server, and was able to successfully register - things are syncing up now. Thank you for "looking over my shoulder"...

regards,
    Greg

PS - I know it is not recommended to run this in production, but can I then push and ask about the next beta release and how it is shaping up for GA?

Quote Originally Posted by gnyce View Post
    I went ahead and did that, but got the same error message. So, I deleted the account in BES, re-created it on the BES server, and was able to successfully register - things are syncing up now. Thank you for "looking over my shoulder"...

regards,
    Greg

PS - I know it is not recommended to run this in production, but can I then push and ask about the next beta release and how it is shaping up for GA?

i took a closer look at the logs and it looks like the activation password for the user was either never set or expired.

in terms of the BETA 3...we are looking to release something around 5.0.7 or before as a BETA 3. many bug fixes, resource leak fixes and some more calendar stability improvements. we are in the midst of working on some big ticket items before we can declare ZCB GA and that includes a lot more performance based work so that we can support a more reasonable number of users per BES instance. the issues have been identified and we are working on them.

Default Bump - next Beta release?

5.0.7 is out (and I have it deployed), and I am in the midst of our migration. I know that the bberry connector is not production-ready, but it has been working well for me, and I'm going to have to migrate our Sales dept, who all have Bberries (only about 10-12 people).

So, I have to ask - is there an imminent next-Beta release of this?

many thanks,
    Greg

Greg (great name),

I would assume we are looking at a release shortly for the BES connector. We have been pretty pleased with it to date, but there are some nagging issues (it is beta after all), specifically around calendar. I would go ahead with your deploy, but just plan some maintenance time in the next 30 days or so.

Greg

Is there any release notes or anything on the connector yet? Such as fixes? I didn't see much so I thought I would ask.
    Thanks
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

Quote Originally Posted by Lynner View Post
    Is there any release notes or anything on the connector yet? Such as fixes? I didn't see much so I thought I would ask.
    Thanks
    we are currently working on the updated docs for ZCB BETA 3. once that is completed and signed off on, we should be releasing the next BETA.

Great, I can't wait (Literally)
    Eric J Lynner
    Dynamic Business Solutions

“Computers are good at following instructions, but not at reading your mind.”
    – Donald Knuth

Any updates? Need some help testing that documentation?