Thread: [SOLVED] ZCB does not install

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] ZCB does not install

I am trying to install a FREASH install of ZCB. I have instgalled everthing FRESH per the setup instructions. The error is when I try to install the ZCB. It tells me that it was interrupted.

I have attached a log here as well.

Please HELP!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by scott.coats View Post
    I am trying to install a FREASH install of ZCB. I have instgalled everthing FRESH per the setup instructions. The error is when I try to install the ZCB. It tells me that it was interrupted.

I have attached a log here as well.

Please HELP!
    the installer is having a hard time finding the version of outlook installed. anything special about the way that you installed outlook or the version installed?

Quote Originally Posted by alee View Post
    the installer is having a hard time finding the version of outlook installed. anything special about the way that you installed outlook or the version installed?
    The version of Outlook is 2003. I have a valid product key as it is the one I run on my personal PC. It there a special version of Outlook you are looking for? Can you give me a registry key that you are looking for to avoid this? This is about the 5th install of this....

I am having this exact same issue...Brand new 2003 install, followed directions, but it will not install

Default RESOLVED - ZCB does not install

Thanks guys..... I knew if I waited long enough, I'd dream my own resolution.

The problem is that the file CDO.DLL was not being put into the c:\windows\system32 directory. Therefore the ZCB was unable to register this component. I don't know why, but I do know that when you copy it in to the directory...ALL works.

Maybe someone at Zimbra who is working on this project may want to look into this issue. But for me, it is solved....

Quote Originally Posted by scott.coats View Post
    Thanks guys..... I knew if I waited long enough, I'd dream my own resolution.

The problem is that the file CDO.DLL was not being put into the c:\windows\system32 directory. Therefore the ZCB was unable to register this component. I don't know why, but I do know that when you copy it in to the directory...ALL works.

Maybe someone at Zimbra who is working on this project may want to look into this issue. But for me, it is solved....

sorry for not getting back to you earlier. this is a known issue:
    Bug 28744 – MAPI/CDO msi package installed in different path.

AH HA!...

this solved my issue as well..thx.

I know the product is in beta..but NO where in the instructions does it say to install a CDO in system32. How in the world did they even write the install guide without noticing that?

Quote Originally Posted by trafalger View Post
    AH HA!...

this solved my issue as well..thx.

I know the product is in beta..but NO where in the instructions does it say to install a CDO in system32. How in the world did they even write the install guide without noticing that?
    CDO.dll is installed as part of the MAPI/CDO download package that is referenced in the install guide. It seems that Microsoft has changed the install location for this package.

The installer for the ZCB should look in the Windows registry for the location of CDO.DLL and then it would know where to find it. Then if Microsoft make a change in the future...the installer would know where to find this required file.