Thread: Status of Connector for Blackberry

Hybrid View

Default Status of Connector for Blackberry

Hi,

I'm trying to choose which mobile client to get. I need to be able to get to my Zimbra account.
    Can you tell me the planned production date for the Connector for Blackberry?

-- Bart.

Zimbra does not normally release dates for obvious reasons. I would say that we have been running the currently available connector in beta-production and while there are a few problems, it has been relatively stable.

If you rather wait for the next release (not sure if that will be GA or not), I would expect something later this summer (my own assumption).

Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith View Post
    Zimbra does not normally release dates for obvious reasons. I would say that we have been running the currently available connector in beta-production and while there are a few problems, it has been relatively stable.

If you rather wait for the next release (not sure if that will be GA or not), I would expect something later this summer (my own assumption).
    There are plenty of problems, as evidenced by the postings in this forum.

The "beta" came out about 6 months ago. When will Zimbra start fixing problems and release another beta?

With due respect, most of the problems I have seen in the forums are related to user implementation. Yes, it has its quirks, but that is why it is indeed beta. I know the ZCB is working hard. Remember, they have an uphill battle when folks like RIM aren't as interested in supporting platforms other then the "standards"

They have made great progress...and updates are coming. Patience my friend...patience.

Quote Originally Posted by gmsmith View Post
    With due respect, most of the problems I have seen in the forums are related to user implementation. Yes, it has its quirks, but that is why it is indeed beta. I know the ZCB is working hard. Remember, they have an uphill battle when folks like RIM aren't as interested in supporting platforms other then the "standards"

They have made great progress...and updates are coming. Patience my friend...patience.
    Since the initial release of BETA 2, we have been working hard to try to address major bugs and stability issues. We did not want to release something that we did not feel was a substantial improvement from the original release. That being said, we have ironed out a bunch of problems and are planning for another BETA release soon. We will communicate the availability of a new download when the date becomes firm.